Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S options by year - a running history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Power-Folding heated side mirrors are standard equipment. I do not believe you can order them now without heating elements. I hope this answers your question? Thanks, Art.

Hi.
Allow me to disagree ;-) - and try to get some help:

I have bought two Tesla:
P85+: XX...XX28200
P85: XX...XX30872

Both are with Tech Packages - but the P85+ doesn't have Power-Folding side morrors. The P85 does.

How can that happen?

Best regards,
Jonas

Significant Model S changes expected next week

Updated Tesla Model S with more features, higher price coming soon - Roadshow
  • The most immediate change, according to our sources, will be a slight visual refresh on the nose.
  • It won't look exactly like the Model X or Model 3, we're told, but it will bring the car closer to the frontal treatments of those cars.
  • LED headlights will also provide a cleaner look up front, while some additional paint colors will join the configurator.
  • On the inside, the Model S will move to the same front seats found in the Model X, meaning ventilation will be an option.
  • The car will receive some new interior storage compartments, including pockets in the door -- an addition current owners will appreciate.
We're told that Tesla is cleaning out the last of the previous generation's production parts now and that the refreshed Model S could debut as early as next week. Our sources say a price increase will come with these updates, but the amount remains to be seen.

Great data FlatSix911! Let's see what happens.

BTW gang, thanks to the great efforts of user SEBXX (Sebastien) we have moved the Options into the Google docs world. Sometimes, the community here on TMC benefits from the work of other members and truly this is the case with SEBXX's kind and timely efforts.

Thanks Sebastien!

ARTinCT

Reactions: FlatSix911
I have 2 model S, entering driver side driver seat setting button is need my wife is 8 inches shorter. the only option
I miss from previous cars we owned is a single button push to change seat setting for driver. Leaning over to change at
Screen is feasible and using seat bar to slide back is not accurate.

I have 2 model S, entering driver side driver seat setting button is need my wife is 8 inches shorter. the only option
I miss from previous cars we owned is a single button push to change seat setting for driver. Leaning over to change at
Screen is feasible and using seat bar to slide back is not accurate.

Interesting, this is why there are the ability to have driver profiles. That said, I fail to see what this has to do with the Options WIKI???

I haven't seen it mentioned in the wiki or other threads yet, but the rear diffuser no longer seems to be chromed.

Ivo-G:
Those Model S with the Premium Interior Option have the rear chromed diffuser lip and also the horizontal strakes in the front air intakes near the fog lamps are chromed. If the Premium Interior Option was not chosen, then the rear diffuser lip is matte black as are the air intake strakes. Now that is the way it was until the most recent update. Perhaps these minute aspects of the S have changed. BTW, the chrome accents have NEVER been called out by any Tesla Design Studio prose. I first learned about this in talking to a Tesla Salesman in Mt. Kisco NY who is extremely knowledgeable and a Model S owner as well.

The actual rear diffuser (lowest piece) as far as I know has always been automotive trim plastic. The diffuser can be black or dark gray depending upon the paint color chosen and I have never taken the time to figure out the logic, my Midnight Silver has gray as does my friend's Ocean Blue Metallic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivo-G
Minor correction needed to the EPA range for the 75D listed in the May 2016 General section. :cool:

On May 6, 2016, in the Model S Design Studio, Tesla Motors unveiled the 75 and 75D Range Upgrade battery option. This option turns a selected 70 or 70D into a 75 or 75D. The option, if chosen allows the 75 or 75D to accept 15 more miles of rated range per charge. The 75D has two motors, front and rear with an output of 328 horsepower and 387 Ft Lbs of torque. The 75 rear motor only version has one rear motor, with an output of 382 horsepower and 325 Ft Lbs of torque.

The EPA range for the 75D is 259 miles while the 75 has a range of 249 miles.

upload_2016-10-16_23-40-7.png

Minor correction needed to the EPA range for the 75D listed in the May 2016 General section. :cool:

On May 6, 2016, in the Model S Design Studio, Tesla Motors unveiled the 75 and 75D Range Upgrade battery option. This option turns a selected 70 or 70D into a 75 or 75D. The option, if chosen allows the 75 or 75D to accept 15 more miles of rated range per charge. The 75D has two motors, front and rear with an output of 328 horsepower and 387 Ft Lbs of torque. The 75 rear motor only version has one rear motor, with an output of 382 horsepower and 325 Ft Lbs of torque.

The EPA range for the 75D is 259 miles while the 75 has a range of 249 miles.

View attachment 198894
Thanks I'll get that done.

Is there any way to correlate VIN# to the changes listed in the wiki? I'm shopping used/lease transfers and it would be very useful to determine whether a given 2016 MS (or 2015) includes a given change listed in the Wiki.

Is there any way to correlate VIN# to the changes listed in the wiki? I'm shopping used/lease transfers and it would be very useful to determine whether a given 2016 MS (or 2015) includes a given change listed in the Wiki.

Not really, no. Two reasons are: 1) the cars aren't necessariliy built in VIN order. 2) even if they were, Tesla doesn't release that level of detail, and what's on TMC (and other enthusiast Web sites) is basically crowd-sourced knowledge.

You can probably figure out some (but not all) of your answers if you have the option codes or can get a copy of the window sticker. (No personal experience with this myself, alas.)

Good luck!

Bruce.