TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S options by year - a running history

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Feb 17, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Hm, maybe it's "tan interior gets red seat belt buttons". Both the black interior Sig and the black interior P85D have black buttons.

3. jonasboege

jonasboege New Member

Hi.
    Allow me to disagree ;-) - and try to get some help:

I have bought two Tesla:
    P85+: XX...XX28200
    P85: XX...XX30872

Both are with Tech Packages - but the P85+ doesn't have Power-Folding side morrors. The P85 does.

How can that happen?

Best regards,
    Jonas

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Well folks, the table format is now totally screwed up due to the inability to provide a table edit feature. As it stands now, I will be abandoning this effort as it is now un-maintainable as it stands due to the lack of edit functionality.

5. sebxx

sebxx Member

6. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Significant Model S changes expected next week

Updated Tesla Model S with more features, higher price coming soon - Roadshow
    • The most immediate change, according to our sources, will be a slight visual refresh on the nose.
    • It won't look exactly like the Model X or Model 3, we're told, but it will bring the car closer to the frontal treatments of those cars.
    • LED headlights will also provide a cleaner look up front, while some additional paint colors will join the configurator.
    • On the inside, the Model S will move to the same front seats found in the Model X, meaning ventilation will be an option.
    • The car will receive some new interior storage compartments, including pockets in the door -- an addition current owners will appreciate.
    We're told that Tesla is cleaning out the last of the previous generation's production parts now and that the refreshed Model S could debut as early as next week. Our sources say a price increase will come with these updates, but the amount remains to be seen.

7. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Great data FlatSix911! Let's see what happens.

BTW gang, thanks to the great efforts of user SEBXX (Sebastien) we have moved the Options into the Google docs world. Sometimes, the community here on TMC benefits from the work of other members and truly this is the case with SEBXX's kind and timely efforts.

Thanks Sebastien!

ARTinCT

• Like x 1
  8. EEEEEGO

EEEEEGO Member

I have 2 model S, entering driver side driver seat setting button is need my wife is 8 inches shorter. the only option
    I miss from previous cars we owned is a single button push to change seat setting for driver. Leaning over to change at
    Screen is feasible and using seat bar to slide back is not accurate.

9. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Interesting, this is why there are the ability to have driver profiles. That said, I fail to see what this has to do with the Options WIKI???

10. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

The April 12 Tesla Model S changes are now reflected in the Options by Year Wiki as of 1:56 PM EDST April 12, 2016.

11. Ivo-G

Ivo-G Member

I haven't seen it mentioned in the wiki or other threads yet, but the rear diffuser no longer seems to be chromed.

12. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

#52 ArtInCT, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Ivo-G:
    Those Model S with the Premium Interior Option have the rear chromed diffuser lip and also the horizontal strakes in the front air intakes near the fog lamps are chromed. If the Premium Interior Option was not chosen, then the rear diffuser lip is matte black as are the air intake strakes. Now that is the way it was until the most recent update. Perhaps these minute aspects of the S have changed. BTW, the chrome accents have NEVER been called out by any Tesla Design Studio prose. I first learned about this in talking to a Tesla Salesman in Mt. Kisco NY who is extremely knowledgeable and a Model S owner as well.

The actual rear diffuser (lowest piece) as far as I know has always been automotive trim plastic. The diffuser can be black or dark gray depending upon the paint color chosen and I have never taken the time to figure out the logic, my Midnight Silver has gray as does my friend's Ocean Blue Metallic.

• Like x 1
  13. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

The new 60 and 60D information was added to the WiKi.

14. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Performance Pedal Set in Tesla Gear Website was added to 2016 Interior section.

15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Minor correction needed to the EPA range for the 75D listed in the May 2016 General section. :cool:

On May 6, 2016, in the Model S Design Studio, Tesla Motors unveiled the 75 and 75D Range Upgrade battery option. This option turns a selected 70 or 70D into a 75 or 75D. The option, if chosen allows the 75 or 75D to accept 15 more miles of rated range per charge. The 75D has two motors, front and rear with an output of 328 horsepower and 387 Ft Lbs of torque. The 75 rear motor only version has one rear motor, with an output of 382 horsepower and 325 Ft Lbs of torque.

The EPA range for the 75D is 259 miles while the 75 has a range of 249 miles.

upload_2016-10-16_23-40-7.png

16. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Thanks I'll get that done.

17. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

18. deaddog

deaddog Member

Is there any way to correlate VIN# to the changes listed in the wiki? I'm shopping used/lease transfers and it would be very useful to determine whether a given 2016 MS (or 2015) includes a given change listed in the Wiki.

19. bmah

bmah New Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Not really, no. Two reasons are: 1) the cars aren't necessariliy built in VIN order. 2) even if they were, Tesla doesn't release that level of detail, and what's on TMC (and other enthusiast Web sites) is basically crowd-sourced knowledge.

You can probably figure out some (but not all) of your answers if you have the option codes or can get a copy of the window sticker. (No personal experience with this myself, alas.)

Good luck!

Bruce.

20. Electricious

Electricious Member

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.