Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Tesla event, I was told that the panoramic roof, air suspension, and kiddie seats are all no-charge options on the Signature. You get to pick if you want them or not. Since this was part of the process of talking me into switching my reservation to a Signature - it was coming from someone who should have known the right information. (On the other hand, also someone who talked me into writing a big check and probably got a commission :) )

At the Tesla event, I was told that the panoramic roof, air suspension, and kiddie seats are all no-charge options on the Signature. You get to pick if you want them or not. Since this was part of the process of talking me into switching my reservation to a Signature - it was coming from someone who should have known the right information. (On the other hand, also someone who talked me into writing a big check and probably got a commission :) )

It would be nice to confirm this. I'd certainly like the pano and air. Did you get a name?

Ah, well that's basically what I was saying. We just don't know what those options are or the pricing of them.

Theoretically, Signature buyers could end up paying for a pano roof even though they don't include one in their order if the pano is "included" in the Signature price, but can be optionally removed from the order.

Theoretically, Signature buyers could end up paying for a pano roof even though they don't include one in their order if the pano is "included" in the Signature price, but can be optionally removed from the order.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy a Roadster Sport but downgrade from A048 to AD07, they adjust the price downwards, yes?

But the whole point of Signature is that it's a "fully optioned" car. I seriously doubt they will let you monkey w/ the options list on a Sig as that defeats the whole purpose of having a Sig series. My guess is the only price option will be Sport/Non-Sport. Everything else will be included and part of the Sig "package".

That being said, I do find it odd that the Design Studio allows you to select 19" wheels and things that aren't "premium". Seems like the only difference in the Design Studio between Sig and regular are paint colors. Ah well, who knows, we'll find out in a few months :p

Or any number of other text-to-speech systems? Google and Microsoft both have solid offerings.

Apple's Siri is supposed to allow you to actually have a conversation with the software. You can essentially talk to it lilke you do a human. For example, you can say "Set my alarm for 6:00 am." Then you can go and say, "Switch that to 6:30 am," and it will know what you are talking about. I think it might be a tad different than what Google and Microsoft offer.

Also, the question about the ventilated seats was good. Would be awesome if they included those as an option.

Does anybody know if Tesla is going with the shifter on the steering column like it is in the Beta or are they going to have some other way to shift to gears.

-Shark2k

attachment.php?attachmentid=2977&d=1318041879.jpg

Not the clearest, but that stalk I circled in the picture, otherwise known as the gear selector/gear stick. Gear stick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thought I was pretty clear actually.

-Shark2k

Attachments

• int-side4-2.jpg
    int-side4-2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 285
Call me old fashioned, but I strongly prefer to have the simple forward/reverse selector on the center console. Which implies that Tesla will come to its senses and have a center console! Seriously, the "gears" are simply forward, neutral/park, reverse; these shouldn't be on the steering wheel.

To counter that, what's wrong with *not* having the center console given no drive shaft? I liked all that room in front! Folks have mentioned a variety of reasons to have that room:

- to give the right foot a rest to the right if on cruise control on the highway

- for the driver and passenger to easily swap, if need be :)

- play footsie with the passenger ;-)