Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S or Model X, need help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my opinion the S drives much better than the X. The ride quality is better, the power delivery feels more direct, everything about the way it drives is just better.

The X is a more comfortable place to be though, you get a lot more space, it's a bit easier to get in and out of (though the easy exit mode just added to both should help that) and you sit a bit more upright. I don't know if these things are important to you, I thought I would prefer the X but it turns out the drive of the S is more important to me.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but stumbled upon it while aggressively pursuing a Tesla. I'm going to be placing an order by the end of day but the only problem is that I can't decide between the Model S 100D or Model X 100D. I was hoping some owners of either car could share some feedback with me in hopes that it'll help me make a decision.

For context, I currently drive a G63 AMG Mercedes but I'm selling it because I feel so disconnected from the road. While I do love being higher up while driving, I feel as if it makes the driving experience numb and you lose substantial handling. For that reason, I'm leaning towards the Model S.

The only thing that is stopping me from ordering the Model S right now is the fear of missing out on all of the features the Model X has. Motorized doors, panoramic windshield, and more seating for friends.

At the end of the day though, I'm 25 with no kids and just don't know if the Model X is worth it since I'd probably be sacrificing a little bit of the driving experience that I'm looking for with a car lower to the ground that has a bit more speed.

Any feedback would be appreciated! I've watched every YouTube video possible and have read every thread but would love to hear others thoughts if possible.
Are you Nadeshot from YouTube? Just saying but your better off with a Model X it just has way more features and its basically the same driving experience as a Model S. I know that you previously bought an i8 but later traded it in after like a week was that due to it being very low to the ground? Besides they have the same top speed and the x is only 0.6 second slower acceleration. In my personal experience with my X, it handles more like a sports coupe than an SUV. At the end of the day you have more opportunities to experience with the X like the Xmas dance the falcon wings amongest more. You will be glad with which ever on you choose, both will put a smile on your face when you mash the accelerator.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but stumbled upon it while aggressively pursuing a Tesla. I'm going to be placing an order by the end of day but the only problem is that I can't decide between the Model S 100D or Model X 100D. I was hoping some owners of either car could share some feedback with me in hopes that it'll help me make a decision.

For context, I currently drive a G63 AMG Mercedes but I'm selling it because I feel so disconnected from the road. While I do love being higher up while driving, I feel as if it makes the driving experience numb and you lose substantial handling. For that reason, I'm leaning towards the Model S.

The only thing that is stopping me from ordering the Model S right now is the fear of missing out on all of the features the Model X has. Motorized doors, panoramic windshield, and more seating for friends.

At the end of the day though, I'm 25 with no kids and just don't know if the Model X is worth it since I'd probably be sacrificing a little bit of the driving experience that I'm looking for with a car lower to the ground that has a bit more speed.

Any feedback would be appreciated! I've watched every YouTube video possible and have read every thread but would love to hear others thoughts if possible.
In your last vlog you said that you liked how easily you could drive the M3, due to the Model X low center of gravity it handles like an M3. Plus you did get an iPhone X I mean your car and phone will match

Yes, its alot like the S, just sits higher. The windshield and placement of the mirror and sun shades felt awkward. I didn't drive it long enough to give you a serious breakdown, just that from my S to the X i didnt like it personally. very subjective so... take with a grain.

My wife and I needed the Model X as she has replaced hips and can't climb in and out of a low slung car... now that we have our X we have fallen in love with the windshield. The airplane cockpit feel of the front seats feels so open and airy. You can see more from the front of this car than almost any other car. While it is less shapely and sleek looking than the sedans, I tremendously appreciate the capacity of these Model Xs.