Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK Good news! Finally heard from my DS, Adam Schwemin, and got a delivery date set for 28 March!

I took the time to ask him about the odd delay issue, and he said that they had noticed a delay in deliveries (compared to the rest of the country) specifically to Rockville, MD - SC. So it was something that they were also asking corporate about and he said he would let me know if they find anything else out about it. Doesn't look like I will get bumped up any, but would explain why I got pushed back a bit. Basically he was saying that even here in the last week or so they have only delivered a couple cars, as opposed to the normal high volume, which is what has caused them to be asking about it as well.

That is as best as I can try to relay the information he told me, and as I get anything further on this I will try to keep the group posted.

Car was ready today, so picked it up a day early! Yes, I'm thrilled!

She's a beauty MidlifeCrisis!

At the time you started this thread if you knew that you would have to wait for 470 replies, and then you would post #471 with a picture of your car, it probably would have seemed like an eternity. I sure hope it was worth the wait, and please come back here sometime and visit us, if you can pull yourself away from your car!

Oh, and the bikes around her make me nervous as hell too!

She's a beauty MidlifeCrisis!

At the time you started this thread if you knew that you would have to wait for 470 replies, and then you would post #471 with a picture of your car, it probably would have seemed like an eternity. I sure hope it was worth the wait, and please come back here sometime and visit us, if you can pull yourself away from your car!

Oh, and the bikes around her make me nervous as hell too!

All I have to say is it was well worth the wait! I have a ton to say about my first impressions, but need to hit the sack. The bottom line...after driving it as much as I could for a little over 24 hours (taking my kids and neighbors for gratuitous joy rides, and workmates to lunch, just to show it off and spend more time driving), it is like moving from using a mouse on a computer to a touch pad, in terms of control. When I am in light, multilane traffic, it is almost like I just need to think about where I want to be and I'm there, the controls are so smooth, intuitive and responsive. I don't have to "plan" as much, I just exert the right amount of pressure (to pedal and steering wheel), to reposition my car in the new position and new lane I want to be in, and it's like the rest of traffic stands still when I do it. I thought some folks in other threads were BS'ing or exaggerating when they said "you really do own the road", but I'm a believer now. I love driving this car, and looking at it, and showing it off, and thinking about it, etc.

OK, need to hit the sack now. Atlanta is going to get crushed with snow and ICE over the next two days, so my car will be sitting safely in my garage while I work from home for 2-3 days, but I have to say I got enough enjoyment out of that first 24 hours to keep me happy until the roads clear enough for me to take her out again!

- - - Updated - - -

There are to many bikes around that beauty!

Yes, don't worry; the garage rules and bike storage restrictions will be clear and heavily enforced!

We picked up our beautiful Model S yesterday, Tuesday February 11th right on time from the factory. They had it wrapped in ribbon in Las Vegas showroom at SC. Hats off to the Las Vegas SC. Photo 2~Tony (From SC) took photo of its arrival.
IMG_7001.JPG
unnamed.jpg

Ordered 29 January
Confirmed 31 January
VIN 34120
[edit]Delivery: 29 March 2014. (I want it now!!!)

85, Green, Pano, Black leather, Piano Black, 19" Michelins, Dual Chargers, Tech Package plus parking sensors

The only dilemma now is whether to pay cash or finance. I always resolved that I would never buy a high end car unless I could pay cash for it. But VanCity offers electric vehicle financing at prime plus 1%, which is barely more than my mortgage.

Last edited:
S85 | Brown Metallic | Obeche Wood Gloss | 21" Silver Turbine | Pano | Tech | Parking Sensors | Fog Lamps|Tan Nappa Leather|HPHC|Smart Air Suspension|Premium lighting|
Parcel Shelf

Ordered 1/25/2014 | Confirmed 1/29/2014 | VIN #33489 Assigned 2/05/2014 | Estimated Delivery March 26/2014

- - - Updated - - -

S85 | Brown Metallic | Obeche Wood Gloss | 21" Silver Turbine | Pano | Tech | Parking Sensors | Fog Lamps|Tan Nappa Leather|HPHC|Smart Air Suspension|Premium lighting|
Parcel Shelf

Ordered 1/25/2014 | Confirmed 1/29/2014 | VIN #33489 Assigned 2/05/2014 | Estimated Delivery March 26/2014
forgot to add: Dual chargers!

The time has finally come!! After 960 posts as a lurker, I finally ordered my Model S! And because I've waited long enough, I also clicked confirm!

Is there a Q2 delivery thread out there somewhere? Should I create one? Or are we Q2ers just going to be rolled into this thread?

Ordered/Confirmed 2/13/2014
Multi-coat Red P85+
Delivery in Flin Flon, MB, Canada
Delivery preference is April
No other info available yet.