Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
32568 Vin

Tesla Bobbling Heads I have. Fox Tails are hard to come by since the Vegan girl moved to NC, HeHaw:scared:
Lol, maybe you could replace the fox tail with the more animal friendly fuzzy dice!

- - - Updated - - -

@gpetti. I did order the trailer hitch for my lawn mower. I wish my Tesla will get here in time to mow d farm:scared: Did you order the snow blade kit?

View attachment 44379
That's awesome, is there anything the model S can't do?

Fuzzy Dice! and other goodies from a local custom shop.........HeHaw:biggrin:

hello_kitty-custom_dashboard-airbrush-suicide_doors-custom_steering_wheel-bucket_seats-gauges-du.jpg

TM forums had a thread that mentioned a couple of interesting potential factors:

1. They likely bundle like-builds into production batches. That means certain VINs could be passed over on a couple of build runs, then batched up afterwards.
2. Delivery distance becomes important at end of quarter. In order to get their delivery numbers, TM needs to produce, ship, and deliver. For a customer like me, picking up at the factory, they could theoretically push me to the end of the month. There is no shipment delay and the delivery can still be marked into the quarter.

That said, @2virgule5, you're in NJ so I'd expect them to ramp things up for you. Have you contacted your DS? If he/she is anything like mine, it may take while to get a response (if at all), but it's worth a shot. I think you have more than enough room to inquire about your production, considering what you know from this thread.

@ ohmman, yes I did inquire to my DS a week ago (this is when I got the news that delivery was postponed due to production shift), I had to argue to save a couple of days so I've been confirmed for March 17 now. That been said I'm not super optimistic. It happened that the newly arrived CEO of my company ordered one 3 weeks ago from NY/White Plains DS (basically same S85 mot P or P+) and he got a delivery target of March 25...

@ ohmman, yes I did inquire to my DS a week ago (this is when I got the news that delivery was postponed due to production shift), I had to argue to save a couple of days so I've been confirmed for March 17 now. That been said I'm not super optimistic. It happened that the newly arrived CEO of my company ordered one 3 weeks ago from NY/White Plains DS (basically same S85 mot P or P+) and he got a delivery target of March 25...

This would really tweak me as well. Hopefully everything comes through on schedule for you.

flodrab said:
GOT IT!!!!

Awesome! VIN range 302xx for those watching.

Thanks to all the great postings of MS entering production, they def appear to be on track with their expected delivery dates. It feels like the March/April demarcation line is going to be somewhere around 34.5-34.8k VIN. Although if you live closer or picking it up at the factory maybe they pull your order forward a bit. North of 35k I think a March delivery is a long shot.

My VIN is 33837. Ordered and confirmed 2/5/14 and estimated delivery is 3/26/14 at the factory. They said there are a lot of owners taking delivery that day and that the last 2 weeks of March are very busy. Also said I could do the tour in early April if I wanted it to be less crowded.

@gpetti: So how did your XPEL/winter tire installation go? Or are you still waiting?

I'm still waiting. The car arrived on Thursday but it took the rest of the day to install the winter wheels/tires as I forgot to give them the lug nuts and then the lug nuts turned out to be the wrong thread pitch (thanks Tirerack). On Friday the wrap people basically cleaned it - which also took some care and attention as there were rust shards on the car due to the older car being transported above my car. Can't believe all the attention the car is getting as model S' are still a rarity in these parts despite a handful of very early adopters. The tire place drove the car round the block to reset the TPMS though I could have done that myself - think a couple of them took it around (better check my odometer). They played it pretty cool at first (they are a performance shop for ICE cars) but a few people had a look and the guy who sold me the tires complimented the car. The wrap place apparently have people phoning them to ask when the car will be in the shop (they must have told a few people they were doing one) and while I was there "visiting" on Friday a guy wandered in through the open back door and started asking questions about it. I may have to sell tickets at this rate! I am finding I spend a lot of time discussing it and electric vehicles in general now with family and friends. My role as an EV ambassador in oil country has begun.
2 pics below of the car in the shop after cleaning and with the new Rial Lugano wheels on. I'm going to add Red T stickers to these. I think I'm going to collect pictures of the wrap process and maybe put them in a thread in case anyone is interested, i.e. I'll stop posting pics in here.
Photo 2-28-2014, 16 29 25.jpg

Photo 2-28-2014, 16 25 14.jpg