Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! That's awesome how you landed an inventory car with so few miles on it. What are its specs?
SGT Barone: it was exactly the car I had ordered: 85, Tech, Pano, Metallic Grey, Black Leather seats. The only "additional" item is the glossy obeche. I preferred the matte. I'll follow up tomorrow when I take delivery and post the actual mileage. I've heard that most inventory cars are listed with "50", but are actually less. Best part with the nearly $1000 discount off the price.
Breser is probably right...someone must've ordered this car then decided on an 85D. Here in Florida, the D really isn't necessary. And, with the reduction in range now being posted, I'm glad that I moved on it ;-)

Breser, I didn't insert on your spreadsheet as it is an inventory car.

Last edited:
I'd like to introduce you all to The Rodger Young. I figured I'd stick with the spaceship theme so many of us are doing, so I went with a ship from a Robert Heinlein Novel. They even put a bow on him at the service center. Of note is the "Model S" on the door sill. I almost bought Roger's decals, but am kind of glad I didn't because there'd be no place to put them. They allegedly started putting these on cars last month. Anyway, I am a very happy boy!
IMG_20141212_133102.jpg
IMG_20141212_132249.jpg
IMG_20141212_132211.jpg
IMG_20141212_132201.jpg

I'd like to introduce you all to The Rodger Young. I figured I'd stick with the spaceship theme so many of us are doing, so I went with a ship from a Robert Heinlein Novel. They even put a bow on him at the service center. Of note is the "Model S" on the door sill. I almost bought Roger's decals, but am kind of glad I didn't because there'd be no place to put them. They allegedly started putting these on cars last month. Anyway, I am a very happy boy!

Congrats on your new Tesla!

- - - Updated - - -

drsaab:
took delivery of my car today in Tampa. 15 miles on the ticker, just like yours, with a great discount. Along with dcsupreme, I am one happy boy!

Last edited:
These cars change so quick. Mine was also built last month and has normal door sills. And I got delivery in a dusty noisy SC. That's a nice delivery, where is it? Red carpet! I asked for a bow. No such luck. :)

Congratulations dcsupreme. I also took delivery yesterday but was so excited I forgot to take any photos at delivery. Here is a photo of "Nikola" resting at home.

I took the factory tour. At the "Chasis 1" line there were stacks of battery packs. One of the stacks had a 8x10 sheet of white paper as a label. The label read "Rev F." We were on a tram moving at a good pace so I could not really study the area. But is this possibly the next revision of the battery pack?
InGarage.jpg

These cars change so quick. Mine was also built last month and has normal door sills. And I got delivery in a dusty noisy SC. That's a nice delivery, where is it? Red carpet! I asked for a bow. No such luck. :)
Thanks so much drsaab! It's the Los Angeles SC that's just north of the Space X HQ where they do the Tesla announcement events. That's definitely a quick change from last month to now.

Are there any other MS 85's out there waiting to start building? I am 64334 and still in the production queue. I see dcsupreme has gotten his car VIN 63552. I know the spreadsheet does not have all the cars ordered but it appears to me that most of the cars ordered with VINs between my and dcsupreme are p85d cars. I have not seen any responses from regular s85's being built. I am not getting any replies from my DS on when I am expected to start building. Is there anyone else in my position?

Are there any other MS 85's out there waiting to start building? I am 64334 and still in the production queue. I see dcsupreme has gotten his car VIN 63552. I know the spreadsheet does not have all the cars ordered but it appears to me that most of the cars ordered with VINs between my and dcsupreme are p85d cars. I have not seen any responses from regular s85's being built. I am not getting any replies from my DS on when I am expected to start building. Is there anyone else in my position?

I've seen quite a few people say they have S85's being built in various threads and forums. There's not nearly as much representation on the spreadsheet for other vehicles as there is for the P85D. Mostly because the P85D is new and exciting. I suspect there will be a lot more interest in 85D orders here come another month or so.

I notice that your order is not on the spreadsheet though. The best way to get information is for everyone to share it. More people sharing non-P85D orders would help bring some more information about what's going on with those orders to light.

I have s85 and my VIN is within single digits of yours and I am still in the queue as well. My DS said nothing firm but believes it will go into production this week with delivery to San Diego around Christmas. Does anyone know the process by which the website gets updated with status changes? ie is it automated?

i've got an S60 on order - original delivery date at time of order was "Late December." car is still "in the production queue."

as of last Friday, DS in LA said it was on track for delivery the last week of December, and would go into production this week... but it's Tuesday and it hasn't gone into production yet. really hope they don't miss the end of year.

the anticipation seriously feels like being a kid for whom xmas can't come soon enough!

I've posted this in several places before but I'll post it here again. Back in September 2014 my delivery date was set for the 24th of September. I expected that meant my vehicle would go into production around the week of the 8th and then the week of the 15th would be shipping and then finally pickup on the 24th. Instead what happened was the vehicle started production on the 16th, finished on the 19th and was still delivered on the 24th in Seattle as planned. If you're close to the factory you may be surprised how close to your delivery date your vehicle starts production. There's still plenty of time for them to get lots of vehicles done and delivered in 2014 even if they take a day or two for Christmas.

I've posted this in several places before but I'll post it here again. Back in September 2014 my delivery date was set for the 24th of September. I expected that meant my vehicle would go into production around the week of the 8th and then the week of the 15th would be shipping and then finally pickup on the 24th. Instead what happened was the vehicle started production on the 16th, finished on the 19th and was still delivered on the 24th in Seattle as planned. If you're close to the factory you may be surprised how close to your delivery date your vehicle starts production. There's still plenty of time for them to get lots of vehicles done and delivered in 2014 even if they take a day or two for Christmas.

thanks for the info - hadn't read that before. looks like you once expected the pace that i've been expecting. looking forward to a status update from Tesla...

Kabirakhtar:

I'm in the same position as you. I too ordered an S60 and was told delivery would be late December. I then received a Purchase Agreement which stated a Dec 23 anticipated delivery date. However, I to am still only in the queue.
Don't see how that date will be met, but wouldn't be surprised if both of our cars were delivered to LA the same day (whenever that may be).

I'm sure we'll both be smiling when we see a change in our Dashboards.

Don't see how that date will be met, but wouldn't be surprised if both of our cars were delivered to LA the same day (whenever that may be).

AllanH - as of this afternoon, DS still says it's going into production "this week." hoping that Breser's experience in his post above (#76) turns out to be the same for us. and maybe we'll see each other on delivery day....

-kabir