Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grrr, going a bit crazy. I see some VINS after mine have started production so I sure hope to get that infamous note/email today! ;-) I'm wondering why they skip around +/- 100 or so at times? To allocate more for different states and/or stores?

I'm with you on this one... I see VIN's higher than mine (in states where the rebate doesn't expire), on the same model as my car already in production...

The production schedule start date and in production days are very strange. My car went into production on 5-15 VINxxx8683X. Many posters had cars in and around the same time go in and out within 3 days. As of today 2-21 6 days later, my car still shows "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" at 12:00 noonEST Would be nice to know what's up with your particular car.

Unfortunately you can't use the VINs as a forecast tool for production as they're never built in order. I'm not sure what the true measure is, but I'm sure it has to do with model/option/supply, etc. I'm crossing my fingers for you though!

And also transport logistics for your car to get to you. Generally speaking, they try to produce them in batches so they don't have a car sitting in a train depot for a long time. Though, as you have seen in some posts, that is not completely unavoidable.

Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Just spoke with my DS, pickup on 5/20. A day before I absolutely needed the car to be here. Talk about down to the wire.

This means it'll be exactly 60 days from ordering to delivery, or 57 from confirmation to delivery.

60 days for order to delivery and it was so worth it. You almost forget how nice the car is till it arrives.

I think I might be in the running for the longest time in production for a 70D.

It wouldn't let me enter "Your Model S is sitting in a dark recess at the Tesla Factory completely forgotten about" as an option.

But, in all seriousness I like the delivery tracker to see on a case by case basis the build and delivery times and if some option keeps them at the Tesla factory longer.

Nothing new, but got this from my DS yesterday, of course makes sense:

"
Here are some interesting things I’ve learned about the factory since I began working for Tesla…

The Model S is built in shifts- all the P85D, then all the 85D, 85, 70D, etc… Not in that particular order. Cars get moved into different slots depending on whichever will make the factory more efficient. They also get ordered by color as well. We will receive many of the same color at a time. Yours was pulled up a week early to get into an earlier slot that was vacant for whatever reason. VINs are assigned very early in the process and rarely get produced in order.

The logistics team in charge of the assembly line have a difficult job. All other car manufactures decide in advance, “We will build 100 of these configurations and 500 of those configurations… they are able to order in advance all the parts needed for those cars- the right headliner color, the right engine, the correct wheels, seats, etc… Our logistics team has no idea how much of anything they need on hand until customers place their order. I’m constantly amazed that they are able to keep the line going as fast and consistently as they do. Some customers get their cars in six weeks!
"

What bugs me the most is my DS informed me on May 13th that my 70D was in the final stages of assembly, and that it would just be a few more days

But, he hasn't been able to get any more information when those few more days came and went. It also doesn't seem to be getting out of production with the other 70D's that went in with it (on about May 5th). It totally makes sense to build in terms of P85D's, 85D's, 70D's, etc.

Now normally I'm pretty reasonable, and relaxed. I don't care about a few days here and there.

The problem is they wanted me to get the loan approval a couple weeks before the estimated delivery, and after that they sent me all the loan information and the amount I owed for the deposit. So I took all that money out of investments to pay the amount owed. I ordered the Center Console a couple weeks before delivery like was suggested. I got the HPWC installed and inspected.

So I did all this stuff WEEKS before I needed to even bother with it.

Heck, my loan approval will expire likely before the car is delivered.

The worst part is they can't explain what happened to the car. What's been going on since the final stages of assembly.

There isn't even a proof of life.

It might not even exist.

What bugs me the most is my DS informed me on May 13th that my 70D was in the final stages of assembly, and that it would just be a few more days

But, he hasn't been able to get any more information when those few more days came and went. It also doesn't seem to be getting out of production with the other 70D's that went in with it (on about May 5th). It totally makes sense to build in terms of P85D's, 85D's, 70D's, etc.

Now normally I'm pretty reasonable, and relaxed. I don't care about a few days here and there.

The problem is they wanted me to get the loan approval a couple weeks before the estimated delivery, and after that they sent me all the loan information and the amount I owed for the deposit. So I took all that money out of investments to pay the amount owed. I ordered the Center Console a couple weeks before delivery like was suggested. I got the HPWC installed and inspected.

So I did all this stuff WEEKS before I needed to even bother with it.

Heck, my loan approval will expire likely before the car is delivered.

The worst part is they can't explain what happened to the car. What's been going on since the final stages of assembly.

There isn't even a proof of life.

It might not even exist.

Same thing happened to my car, it spent 14 days 16 hours and 20 minutes in production. No notification of what happened or why, spent over a week in the "final stage". It's frustrating isn't it?

All I can say is it's worth it when you finally get it.

Same thing happened to my car, it spent 14 days 16 hours and 20 minutes in production. No notification of what happened or why, spent over a week in the "final stage". It's frustrating isn't it?

All I can say is it's worth it when you finally get it.

I did manage to beat you in the number of days in production, and I'm still gaining.

Of course it wasn't an award I wanted to win.

There's been a recent trend of leaving comments on the sheet about quick production timing. Please don't do that. The comment system is there to provide a way to communicate about problems with the sheet. I get an email about every comment you leave. I'm not saying not to use the comment system, just don't use it for chit chat.

Examples of things you should use the comment system for:

• I'm confused by what you're asking for in this column, can you clarify what you expect to be entered here.
  • Someone messed up a bunch of data, can you restore it.
  • This entry looks to be wrong.
  • We need more rows.
  • I can't enter my config because the correction options aren't available.
  • I don't want to enter my full VIN but the validation requires a valid number so I just left the last two digits as zeros, but that's not my exact VIN.

Examples of things you should not use the comment system for:
  • Yay I got my car! (please just fill out the fields to indicate that)
  • How did you get your car so fast? (please use this forum post to talk about things like that)
  • Why did you buy that option, this is such a stupid config (please just don't)

To the people using the comment system correctly please do keep up doing so. It's much easier for me to be responsive to comments than posts here because I get specific email about the comments.

There's been a recent trend of leaving comments on the sheet about quick production timing. Please don't do that. The comment system is there to provide a way to communicate about problems with the sheet. I get an email about every comment you leave. I'm not saying not to use the comment system, just don't use it for chit chat.

This recent trend has been going on even in the first few pages of comments. I didn't realize it was only for feedback on the spreadsheet, I'm sure others felt the same way. Sorry to spam your inbox.