Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & very Excited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everybody,

I’m in the process to order a Model S LR and have already reserved one even given the RN number to the lease company.

The Model S will be my first electrical and non-German car, the Tesla will replace my Merc-AMG E63S estate.
A few things will be different of course, the only thing I will mis is the magnificent AMG V8 sound but will definitely not miss the fuel bills. To be honest I was always very skeptic about an electrical car till I had the chance a few month ago to have a Model S as rental car for 2 days (Brussels).
And what a car, I was really blown away how well everything was designed years ago. Even without any explanation from the rental guy (was in a hurry) I could find almost all necessary functions immediately. I really don’t have an idea how Tesla can make a better product on ergonomics and design, it looks like this will be like an iPhone that comes with a new model but is still the same.

So let’s hope I don’t need to wait to long, in the mean time I already plan to install the home charger.

Thanks to everybody to share all the info on the forum, was also a big help for my decision.
Volkan

Great choice - the big differences are the silence and the instant splitsecond pickup.
I had a CLS55 with a modded exhaust - sounded epic and went like a scalded sofa - but the way the Teslas go about things is very impressive. The concept of updating a car's software without a day in the workshop is still so far above the other manufacturers it's untrue.
Boots bigger than it looks too :)

Reactions: SmartElectric
...from the shipping thread.

If you are waiting for MODEL S or Model X

Although Model S and Model X are made in the same factory as the Model 3 their delivery journey to you is markedly different.

Both Model S and X are shipped partly assembled in containers (3 to a container).

They are moved by road from the factory to the Oakland Joint Intermodal Terminal where they are then loaded on to a train.

The train then takes about 9 bone-rattling days to travel to Houston. (actually BNSF Pearland). The containers are then moved by road to the dock at Barbers Cut where they are then loaded on to a scheduled container ship that eventually arrives 15 days later in Rotterdam. There the containers are moved by road (or barge) to Tilburg in Holland. Your car is removed from the container and then joins a mini production line where it is reassembled. It is then moved to Zeebrugge and shipped to Southampton.

As can be seen, all this takes time.

Just had a "Confirming your Model S update" mail from Tesla with a updated quote, they have reduced the price (£3K) for my reserved Model S. I have called them to make sure and they have confirmed that all Model S orders will have a price reduction. As I had them on the phone I asked them also where the car was and it is already in Southampton making me even more nervous now.
So can I assume that the once the lease is sorted out it will be a fast delivery?

Reactions: SmartElectric