TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Outdoor car cover

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Chaitu, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Hello,
    Does anyone have experience with using Tesla's outdoor car cover? I do not have a garage, will be parked outside for most of the time. Can the cover cause scratches etc? Any other cover recommendations? Ease of use is a priority considering i have to cover/uncover every day.

2. Zextraterrestrial

you will not want to cover it everyday.
    the car needs to be very clean to use a cover so in theory you will need to wash your car everyday to avoid scratches

my car has been parked outside for 42 months..near lots of spruce, redwood and fir trees. rubber seals are really the only parts that should be protected from the sun, paint and clear coats look new still

I have a cover and used it exactly once. ~42 months ago

• Like x 1
  3. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Good to know it isn't required :)

4. Zextraterrestrial

It is a good idea but just seems like a pain. What do you do when it is raining? or if the cover gets covered in leaves or dirtiness, how do you make sure that none of it gets into the underside of the cover when storing/removing the cover from a bag?
    maybe someone has answers to this but I couldn't think of an easy solution

I would think investing in a clear wrap would be better although a bit expensive but it will help in all situations not just when parked

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I have the cover. It's super high quality but I only use it infrequently and only after the car has been washed.