Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Overwhelmingly male and over 45 years old/Model 3 Don't Die

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early 30s, Male, 2 kids under 5.

I also see very few people my age with Tesla's.

Got a Tesla for a lot of reasons, my wife convinced me (she loves driving it, she said her next car will be electric, and we have a reservation for a Model 3 for her), safety, fun, and I'm a techie.

Reactions: javawolfpack
How old would I be if I didn't know how old I was? I'm a 20+ something-over-40 but the Tesla makes me break into an old Sinatra tune every time I drive:

"You make me feel so young
You make me feel there are songs to be sung
Bells to be rung and a wonderful fling to be flung

And even when I'm old and gray
I'm gonna feel the way I do today
'Cause you make me feel so young"
:D:rolleyes:

Reactions: Chopr147
33 male... I'm regretting not buying Tesla stock earlier as have been a fan of the company since it launched, also would have been able to afford a Tesla before now if I had. It's a bit of a stretch for me, as sadly even with a PhD in CS, CS faculty are woefully underpaid compared to industry. But still started slowly lining up consulting work so maybe that'll change in the future. As I told a student during summer orientation this summer, choose a job you are excited to wake up to do and it won't feel like work :)

@Az_Rael we need to change the demographics of the STEM fields and the social norms that tend to shape who chooses to go into STEM fields. It's on my list of things I'm working to change, including actively trying to engage local K12 as the change needs to happen before they get to higher ed.