Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Owner Age

What's your age?

• < 25

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 76 10.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 106 14.5%
  • 36-40

Votes: 141 19.3%
  • 41-45

Votes: 133 18.2%
  • 46-50

Votes: 82 11.2%
  • 51-55

Votes: 52 7.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • 61-65

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • 66 & +

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower 30's here. Got my dream car thing out of the way before my mid-life crisis. First of my friends and immediate coworkers to get one. Some think I'm crazy. Some think I'm some kind of idol now. All I can say is that more people ask me to go lunch with them now. :)

Speaking of, none of my co-workers know I ordered one yet. My plan is to go to lunch one day with them and offer to drive. Their response of course will be "No way! your prius C is too small!" Then they will see the car and their jaws will drop, haha. Actually, they probably won't be surprised as I talk about Tesla every day...

Speaking of, none of my co-workers know I ordered one yet. My plan is to go to lunch one day with them and offer to drive. Their response of course will be "No way! your prius C is too small!" Then they will see the car and their jaws will drop, haha. Actually, they probably won't be surprised as I talk about Tesla every day...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My friends have gotten to the point that last night over wine they asked me "so, any new Tesla fun facts today?" and then just laughed when I actually did have one. I haven't told a lot of people about the car either as, quite honestly, I sometimes feel a bit silly for having bought such an expensive car. I think once you've actually driven one, however, it just makes sense and that's a hard thing to explain to people.

(no offense, but my parents and all my friends parents and pretty much everyone I know in the 50+ age is technically illiterate, but that's just my family and friends)

Assuming that would pretty much destroy you in a large, technical company. (But it would be fun to watch!) This is the exact opposite of a conversation I've held at work: "And don't use your aging parents or friends to test this device, because they're likely more technically literate than average." My assumption is that if I'm working with above average technically literate people, their friends and family also fall into the 'above average' category.

Your 50-year-old self is going to look back at this post and laugh at you. :)

27 years old.

The first of any of my friends or family to have driven a Model S. Looking to get as many people into Tesla as I possibly can - love the cars, the message, and the outlook.

The future is bright for my generation if we can be passionate about tearing down and revolutionizing harmful industries and bettering them for all. Transportation is a great place to start.

3 Days until I receive my car. It's felt like an eternity!

27 years old.

The first of any of my friends or family to have driven a Model S. Looking to get as many people into Tesla as I possibly can - love the cars, the message, and the outlook.

The future is bright for my generation if we can be passionate about tearing down and revolutionizing harmful industries and bettering them for all. Transportation is a great place to start.

Love your spec, although I am a bit biased. I just picked up my car 5 days ago. I remember the weekend before I picked it up felt like an eternity too. Time just stands still, and then once you get it the time just flies. I've got 250 miles on it which is a lot for me in 5 days. My average commute is 3 miles each way.

if you're too old you might know about Tesla but not know what an internet forum even is (no offense, but my parents and all my friends parents and pretty much everyone I know in the 50+ age is technically illiterate, but that's just my family and friends).
Well, shucks*, no offense taken, but I just passed 82 and remember writing programs in BASIC for the Radio Shack Model 1, and posting on Bulletin Boards at 300 baud. That was sort of like watching paint dry.:biggrin:

I've got two desk tops, a laptop, an iPad, home Wi-fi, and a smart phone. My 82 year old wife drives a Nissan LEAF, and the Tesla is mine. Have not been to a gas station since last February, because we don't own an ICE vehicle.

Have to admit, I am way behind on much of the tech stuff, but neither of us has yet confused the go pedal with the stop pedal. And, although my wife professes no interest in computers or such, I have caught her poking around the iPad that is usually laying on the kitchen table.

*Shucks is a word old people use.:wink:

Your 50-year-old self is going to look back at this post and laugh at you. :)

^^^This. NO doubt, hands down, every time, take it to the bank! I'd take the younger body, physical ability, and reflexes back. But, I'd never take the young brain back. As you (if you) gain wisdom, and self awareness, you constantly go through phases where you realize how utterly clueless you used to be. I'm digging the process, even if my VCR is still flashing 1200!:wink:

One of the items on my bucket list (I'm retired and falling into the "old" crowd) was to take a little bit of the retirement money to buy something nice for myself. I've always been quite frugal and the Model S came at a great time while I was considering a BMW M5.

yea unfortunately this poll is probably skewed more towards the younger side as we kinda grew up these technologies forums internet chat etc. its kinda hard to extrapolate any real data from it. if you're too young, you probably can't afford a $100k car yet unless you were born into wealth or making loads in the tech sector right out of college (or perhaps a genius that even skipped college). if you're too old you might know about Tesla but not know what an internet forum even is (no offense, but my parents and all my friends parents and pretty much everyone I know in the 50+ age is technically illiterate, but that's just my family and friends). however, i would guess the actual avg age is way over 40 or 50 just due to the fact of how expensive the car is. i dunno. even I'm just pulling numbers out of my arse so really the only thing this poll is going to show is the average age of a TMC member LOL

Yep, your experience is swayed by where you live. Here in the silicon valley I'm 50+ and I'm a Software Engineer. Forums and tech are no stranger to me. I've had to teach my kids not to doubt what I can do on a computer!
My wife on the other hand is an RN, 50++. She is not tech savvy, but she still loves her Model S!

- - - Updated - - -

27 years old.

And how long DID you have to wait for it. You young folks, have no patience. My wife's was her birthday present, almost 2 years before it arrived...

yea unfortunately this poll is probably skewed more towards the younger side as we kinda grew up these technologies forums internet chat etc. its kinda hard to extrapolate any real data from it. if you're too young, you probably can't afford a $100k car yet unless you were born into wealth or making loads in the tech sector right out of college (or perhaps a genius that even skipped college). if you're too old you might know about Tesla but not know what an internet forum even is (no offense, but my parents and all my friends parents and pretty much everyone I know in the 50+ age is technically illiterate, but that's just my family and friends). however, i would guess the actual avg age is way over 40 or 50 just due to the fact of how expensive the car is. i dunno. even I'm just pulling numbers out of my arse so really the only thing this poll is going to show is the average age of a TMC member LOL

And those technologies just ... sprouted up like little flowers after a heavy rain? Or? Oh wait. I know, I know! Yeah.

"No offense, but" you don't have a clue. It was people the age of your parents and your friends' parents in the 50+ age group that I know at companies like Intel and universities worldwide that did the heavy lifting. Andy Grove, Craig Barrett, and names you never heard of and then other pioneers like Evi Nemeth (RIP old friend...) that created what you use. And then you call people illiterate? Pffffyt. You couldn't last 5 minutes in a conversation with any one of those people.

You are so young. So so young.

And those technologies just ... sprouted up like little flowers after a heavy rain? Or? Oh wait.
Gee, we were using the internet before the world wide web, chatting on Compuserve and reading newsgroups. Google didn't exist. And we didn't spend every waking moment on our cell phones either. I'd venture to say that the users of this forum probably are skewed towards the mature end of the spectrum (with some notable exceptions).