TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S owners prefer? (iOS / Android / Windows Phone)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by island, Feb 3, 2015.

?

Operating system of choice for Model S owners

1. iOS

46 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Android

34 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Windows Phone

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. island

island Fairfield County / NYC

The Model S is even more amazing with the companion application from Tesla. Now what is your OS of choice to run the app?

I'm a big fan of tech and trying the latest and greatest when at all possible. iOS has been my preference since the original iPhone, although I love trying out other brand phones in between upgrades. Android stepped it's game up lately with Lolipop, and Windows Phone 8.1 has one of my favorite interfaces.

Let's hear what you guys run in your MS!

2. pvandamcom

pvandamcom Member

While the Windows Phone 8.1 app for Tesla is currently unavailable due to the bad support for Tesla for the 3rd party developer, it did have a few features not available on the other platforms. So I do hope that it comes back soon (I still have it running through the beta version).
    The ability to schedule events (charging/pre-heating) for your car is something which was not available on other platforms.
    Also, since this is a Universal app, it also runs on Windows 8.1 (tablets, larger screens), which makes access to the car a bit more widespread across different (Windows) devices. The Windows 8.1 app, currently also doesn't work due to the same reasons, but we are all confident that Tesla will start supporting it soon :)

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

4. muleferg

muleferg Member

IOS: Me 2

5. bestellen

bestellen Member

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

IPhone 4S and Blackberry Z10 (work).

7. Kofi

Kofi Member

IPhone user that released an Android app and posts from a Windows tablet:smile:.

8. hill

hill Member

#8 hill, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Evidently we don't really need a poll . . . either that . . . or someone here isn't voting
    :biggrin:

3134u9t.jpg