Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S owners who have blacked out chrome trim/handles/etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting a bath tomorrow, but here you go. I did it about a year ago. Everything is black gloss except the P and the D. The ludicrous line is black too. Love it. You can't tell but the plate frame is a blacked out SpaceX frame.

IMO Tesla's have too much chrome and blacking them out makes them look much more aggressive. A lot of people that don't know about Tesla will ask me if mine is a special model.
View media item 115750View media item 115749View media item 115748View media item 115747View media item 115746View media item 115746

Here ya go.

CustomS.JPG Capture.JPG

I was quoted by one place for around $600, does that seem like an accurate price? They also said it will last longer than 4 years, but recommend removing it prior to 4 years so that it doesn't cause damage later on when you try to peel it off.
$600 sound like really high ? Not sure what kind of product is used. Have you checked the products on this site: RPM Tesla
I am waiting for delivery of my model s next week and plan to buy several items from here. I exchanged emails with Mark (i guess he is the person running the business) and they provide 3 yr warranty and all products have self installation videos.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 1,022
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 1,070
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 1,037
I guess I'm one of the few minority that don't really care for the 100% blackout (and I have had almost 100% black cars in my life). I guess for me I find it makes the car seem to disappear/beome lost in a big black blob; the lines of the car disappear and it's hard to get a feel for just what it is. Again, it's obviously personal choice. As long as whatever products are used are of first class quality and are applied properly, then it makes it at least a nice looking job. Yours being one of those. In your particular case, my only real criticism, is the change in your badging. I think you should either go all blackout on the badge, or back to the OEM look. Just the P and D, to me, look odd with there being a gap between them. Again, my $.02. Still a nice car the separates itself from all the others with the same OEM color. :)

M

Reactions: Astraviel
I guess I'm one of the few minority that don't really care for the 100% blackout (and I have had almost 100% black cars in my life). I guess for me I find it makes the car seem to disappear/beome lost in a big black blob; the lines of the car disappear and it's hard to get a feel for just what it is. Again, it's obviously personal choice. As long as whatever products are used are of first class quality and are applied properly, then it makes it at least a nice looking job. Yours being one of those. In your particular case, my only real criticism, is the change in your badging. I think you should either go all blackout on the badge, or back to the OEM look. Just the P and D, to me, look odd with there being a gap between them. Again, my $.02. Still a nice car the separates itself from all the others with the same OEM color. :)

M
I'm with you but it does look a lot better in person!

yea, obviously this is all personal choice and opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own. i know several people who believe in all natural OEM tesla looks and rims, unaltered. they hate aftermarket rims and everything done aftermarket. just personally speaking, i dislike all OEM stuff and only like aftermarket stuff....so all comes down to personal choice!