Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P100D Hits 0-60 in 2.2755 Seconds w/1 Foot Rollout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. I'm thinking the takeaway here is, this number's greatest value is the comparison to other MotorTrend tests/test cars. They are all made as good as possible. But when they are all made as good as possible, they have comparison value relative to each other.

Not really that this would be achievable by owners. For real-life test figures, we need something else than MotorTrend.

Of course there remains the small chance that Tesla cheated in their test car more than other manufacturers. That I leave for others to debate.

Motor Trend always works with manufacturers to get good numbers. that's how they operate. That's why their numbers mean something in relation to their other tests. It would render the test meaningless if they treated Tesla differently than they do other manufacturers.

In general I agree. Just one note: The problem with that, though, is that the manufacturers can affect the test car in a way that may not be the same from test to test, manufacturer to manufacturer. Acquiring the vehicle through anononymous purchase would eliminate that risk.