Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P100D, SOLD NEW 2019, ONLY 16,667 miles, EAP, Red, White ventilated seats, Carbon Fiber, Arachnids, absolutely perfect loaded car, warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concur with the sold in the title.

Right now is a really risky time for us buyers to pickup a new Tesla. With the drop in pricing being a large shift, there is unease about the market softening significantly - a serious fear that they are going to drop off the face of the earth when dealers (and their inventories) and owners who, "know what they got" realize that folks would rather spend a few grand more for a brand new one than deal with the headache of buying used. Once the denial is gone and there is downward momentum, it feeds on itself.

I really like your car. I just feel like I need to hold off for a bit, and I assume that others are in the same boat.

Reactions: morbidz
Concur with the sold in the title.

Right now is a really risky time for us buyers to pickup a new Tesla. With the drop in pricing being a large shift, there is unease about the market softening significantly - a serious fear that they are going to drop off the face of the earth when dealers (and their inventories) and owners who, "know what they got" realize that folks would rather spend a few grand more for a brand new one than deal with the headache of buying used. Once the denial is gone and there is downward momentum, it feeds on itself.

I really like your car. I just feel like I need to hold off for a bit, and I assume that others are in the same boat.
Yeah, the Sold in the title wasn’t the best choice but I don’t think there is a way to edit titles. I’m not sure if car prices are worthy of any "serious fear" life goes on and I’ll be fine. The car is immaculate and I thought I’d offer it out to TMC members but I was planning on trading it anyway. I was offering it for just a little over the trade price plus my tax savings so no real loss for me, it will be traded back to Tesla in a few days. I’m sure someone will be lucky buying it from Tesla but will likely be paying a premium to them. I traded another S last year and was surprised that they said it was going into their loaner fleet. It broke my heart because the last S was pristine too and it was going to be loaned out.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
1674282039909.jpeg
F3EA851C-7F3B-4633-AA34-DD9FC3531880.jpeg
C5BAC358-41EC-43F2-BDE8-1976DA4D27A3.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: AMPd
I would love to know what price you ended up trading it in for.
I was on my way to pick up my new car this morning and Tesla called and was finally able to transfer my trade value from the white/white car I was going to get to the other grey/white car that I prefer so I’ll pick it up on the 25th. They are giving me $61,400 for my car.

So the car hasn’t been traded in yet? You are asking for $69K?
I didn’t trade the car yesterday because Tesla was able to transfer my trade valuation to the Grey car I prefer over the white one yesterday. My plan is to trade it in on Wednesday the 25th if someone doesn’t buy the car first. I’m not holding my breath at this point because I only have it listed here. I’m asking $69k

Was 2019 a refresh year or was that 2020? I see your trade in price does Florida net that out for sales tax purposes on the new car?
In Mid 2019 Tesla changed the S and X suspension and the front motors to utilize the model 3 rear permanent magnet motors. The mid ‘19 change eliminated the option of power sunroofs, SiriusXM radio, ventilated seats, the name P100D was changed to simply Performance, interior door sill P100D specific trim was eliminated as well as a few other things. They refer to those mid 2019 and newer cars as Raven cars, I have one of those Performance S’s too. I purchased this car in 2019 when the Ravens were already available because I wanted the power sunroof and the perforated ventilation seats for Florida. The Carbon fiber and white interior with those perforated vent seats is amazing. This car was built in late ‘18 and titled as a 2018 but it was purchased new in 2019 (it was not a demo car). Back then Tesla was only changing Model years after Jan 1. Florida charges tax on the cash portion of the transaction, not on the trade value.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight