Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P85 green, 19k miles, fully loaded $91K, AZ - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. And How do you tell? Just Vin#? If so, what's the cutoff. Is this just 120kW charging? Or, are there other factors?

There is a thread in the Model S section about that somewhere. On my phone now. Your car is fairly early I think so probably A pack. Only difference I think is not being able to charge faster than 90kW.

Can someone educate me on the "A" battery pack significance?
Me too. And How do you tell? Just Vin#? If so, what's the cutoff. Is this just 120kW charging? Or, are there other factors?
There is a thread in the Model S section about that somewhere. On my phone now. Your car is fairly early I think so probably A pack. Only difference I think is not being able to charge faster than 90kW.
I'll try to summarize. It was discovered by owners that some cars "refuse" to charge at higher than 90 kW, regardless of the capabilities of the supercharger location itself. Upon further investigation there appears to be at least two chemistries of 85 kWh batteries used in the Model S (so far). To some degree this has been confirmed by Tesla in direct response to customer inquiry. There's extensive discussion here:
Older Tesla's limited to 90kW super charging

Hopefully this summary is useful. Whether or not it's useful, please put follow-up discussion in that thread rather than here. And remember to tip your moderators.

I'll try to summarize. It was discovered by owners that some cars "refuse" to charge at higher than 90 kW, regardless of the capabilities of the supercharger location itself. Upon further investigation there appears to be at least two chemistries of 85 kWh batteries used in the Model S (so far). To some degree this has been confirmed by Tesla in direct response to customer inquiry. There's extensive discussion here:
Older Tesla's limited to 90kW super charging

Hopefully this summary is useful. Whether or not it's useful, please put follow-up discussion in that thread rather than here. And remember to tip your moderators.

Thanks as always. Definitely aware of that thread. Followed it real time. Yet I'm still not aware of a way to tell an A from a B,C,or D.

It's in that thread I believe. Take a picture behind the wheel well of the front right tire. There is a sticker on the pack that is visible.

Right. The battery pack has a label in the front passenger side wheel house. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and get on your belly. The serial number ends with "-A", it 90kw limited. Any other letter, it can go 120kw. (This logic only applies to 85 batteries, not 60's.)

Yes, it's Lloyds car, I bought it back then.

The car is now NOT for sale anymore. I found someone who will take good care of it while I'm out of north america.
Thank's for all the offers you guys sent in, and good luck with finding your used model S.