Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P85D 14k miles pearl white, grey/carbon fiber interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reason for sale: moving to Europe (I will miss this awesome car!)

Location SF Bay area. Parked in garage only, like new. 14k miles.
Delivered Aug 2015, no lease.
New tires at 12k miles. Curb rash on 2 wheels.

Asking price $81,000 OBO.

Comes with fork mount roof bike rack (Whispbar)

Free for life supercharging. Insane Mode :)

Very complete set of options:
  • Pearl white multi-coat
  • All glass panoramic roof
  • 21" silver turbine wheels
  • Carbon fiber decor
  • Grey next generation seats
  • Black alcantara headliner
  • Tech Package w/ Autopilot 1.0
  • Premium interior and lighting package
  • Smart air suspension
  • Ultra high fidelity sound system
  • Subzero weather package
See pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.
PM for interest.

PJS_0308.jpg

PJS_7707.jpg PJS_7719.jpg PJS_7723.jpg PJS_7727.jpg PJS_7737.jpg PJS_7754.jpg
options.PNG NADA pricing May 2017.PNG Inkedbike rack_LI.jpg

Thanks for your replies everyone!
To publicly answer some questions that were not clear in my OP:
  1. Vehicle is still under New Vehicle Warranty (4 yrs or 50,000 miles) AND 2 yr or 4 yr Extended Warranty can be purchased from Tesla.
  2. Vehicle has INSANE mode (not Ludicrous)
  3. vroom.com offers 76k right off the bat for this vehicle, so any interest must make the extra hassle worthwhile
  4. Any takers will have to pick up vehicle in Bay Area (Los Altos area), I will not arrange shipping.
  5. The Whispbar bike rack works for both mountain bikes and road bikes (mounts at front fork, need to take front wheel off bike). And yes, you can open the roof while using the bike rack.

Off topic, but does California really require you to maim your bumper with those clean air stickers? Is there an alternative? Been curious about this for awhile.

Anyway, good luck with sale. Beautiful ride ;)

Thanks!

You can only use the HOV lane with those stickers in place. Let's just say SF Bay traffic wil lhighly motivated you to use those stickers! Anyway, they're only stickers so they come off (I guess) but I agree they are an eye-sore.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie
Excellent deal. As the original owner I think you can still order the Ludicrous update, right? New owner won't be able to do it.

Thanks for your comment!
Excellent point. I believe you are right. I never got the Ludicours upgrade, but I could still do it (5k$) and the car would also get updated badges. This would be done at the Fremont factory were I also picked up the car.
Tesla — LUDICROUS MODE ONLY (P85D) - PRE ORDER DEPOSIT

Excellent deal. As the original owner I think you can still order the Ludicrous update, right? New owner won't be able to do it.

Some new information I wanted to share with those interested.

So I called Tesla Sales; the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D is tied to the CAR, who owns it doesn't matter. So, any new owner could still order that upgrade if they wish. No need to get a (pre)order in before selling the car to a new owner.

Looking at what the P100D costs now...getting the kind of performance you can get with the P85D with Ludicrous upgrade....pretty good deal I would say!

Reactions: byeLT4 and Mickie
So I called Tesla Sales; the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D is tied to the CAR, who owns it doesn't matter. So, any new owner could still order that upgrade if they wish. No need to get a (pre)order in before selling the car to a new owner.

I was hoping this was the case. I couldn't figure out why Tesla would turn down $5k from subsequent owners for the Ludicrous upgrade which is mostly profit. Not that I was planning on doing this, but it's good to know that it's actually possible. In the mean time, "Insane Mode" is good enough for me on the roads around here.

Just a quick note to share my selling experience with this forum.

TMC was for me, by far, the best venue to sell my car. Solid interest from seriously interested buyers. Also, your car will end up with an enthusiast! My car sold pretty close to the asking price.

I also checked out Carmax and vroom.com just to get some reference points. In particular Carmax (in Fremont just next to Tesla no less!) was a really, really, bad experience! Don't go there! You have to drive there, wait for an hour and then they give you an appraisal that is about $7.000-$11.000 too low! What a waste of time. Vroom.com was much better because it is much easier; just snap a few pics, upload them and you get your appraisal really fast. Much less friction. Vroom.com also low balled, but just a few grand, not too bad if you're in a pinch.

Good luck!

Just a quick note to share my selling experience with this forum.

TMC was for me, by far, the best venue to sell my car. Solid interest from seriously interested buyers. Also, your car will end up with an enthusiast! My car sold pretty close to the asking price.

I also checked out Carmax and vroom.com just to get some reference points. In particular Carmax (in Fremont just next to Tesla no less!) was a really, really, bad experience! Don't go there! You have to drive there, wait for an hour and then they give you an appraisal that is about $7.000-$11.000 too low! What a waste of time. Vroom.com was much better because it is much easier; just snap a few pics, upload them and you get your appraisal really fast. Much less friction. Vroom.com also low balled, but just a few grand, not too bad if you're in a pinch.

Good luck!

I have a question about your car (sorry I found it too late or I would have been interested as well) but I noticed on your option listing it doesn't specifically list the Tech Package (I often see this as Tech Package with AutoPilot). Did your car not have the Tech package or was it one of those cars made when Tesla was changing around how it listed options and you essentially got Tech included? I'm curious because I found another car similar to yours for sale and it has AP convenience but doesn't list Tech either.

Off topic, but does California really require you to maim your bumper with those clean air stickers? Is there an alternative? Been curious about this for awhile.

Anyway, good luck with sale. Beautiful ride ;)

Here is a novel idea, allow EV drivers to register their cars and receive license plates that are "blue with white clouds". Arizona does this and it quickly identifies the vehicle as an EV. It also assures law enforcement that the stickers haven't been placed on a non registered vehicle.

I just moved to California and I have to say, for being SUCH A PROGRESSIVE state they are so far behind the times in many areas....toll passes are a joke as well. Big, clunky old technology and god forbid you use the toll pass on multiple toll roads....really a cluster.