Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S p85d insane mode el toro air field 4-24-15

AFAIK LEDs are not fired but typically supplied with a constant DC voltage. Yes, if that DC voltage is particularly dirty and rippled then you can see some LEDs flicker.

But that car exhibited a particular sequence while it doesn't appear that the other cars had. It also looks like the tail lights were pulsing as well. I suspect this was a deliberate mod. I can't see how rippled DC voltage supplied to LED lamp assemblies would generate such a specific pattern that meets up exactly right in the corner.

Last edited:
AFAIK LEDs are not fired but typically supplied with a constant DC voltage. Yes, if that DC voltage is particularly dirty and rippled then you can see some LEDs flicker.

But that car exhibited a particular sequence while it doesn't appear that the other cars had. It also looks like the tail lights were pulsing as well. I suspect this was a deliberate mod. I can't see how rippled DC voltage supplied to LED lamp assemblies would generate such a specific pattern that meets up exactly right in the corner.

LEDs are also frequently driven by PWM for brightness control.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC