Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P90D 2016 does not recognize driver door open or close.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DocB

Oct 24, 2018
Canada
My model s 2016 does not recognize my driver door being open or close and because of this the window does not go all the way up when I close the door. Anybody has or had this problem, if so what was the faulty part.

I have a TMS 2015. The window won't roll all the way up when I close the driver's door. It only does it on the driver's door, the rest are fine. I tried calibration several times but it didn't help. I tried resetting the car but that didn't help either. What is wrong? Well thank you.

I fixed it today :) I disassembled the driver's door, and found out that the fault is in the cable harness between the door and the body. I coated them one by one until I found one (1.5mm gray) torn. I connected them and now the window works as it should :)
maybe this will help someone looking for a window problem.

I fixed it today :) I disassembled the driver's door, and found out that the fault is in the cable harness between the door and the body. I coated them one by one until I found one (1.5mm gray) torn. I connected them and now the window works as it should :)
maybe this will help someone looking for a window problem.
I just experienced the same problem. I would love to try your solution. Just want to clarify, what do you mean by you coated them? For that gray torn one, did you replace it or just use an electric tape to cover it? Thanks in advance!

I just experienced the same problem. I would love to try your solution. Just want to clarify, what do you mean by you coated them? For that gray torn one, did you replace it or just use an electric tape to cover it? Thanks in advance!
Hi, I pulled the cables with my fingers to find out which one is faulty. When I pulled the gray one I pulled it out. I then connected the cable and tinned it.