Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Paint Correction in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FredTMC

Model S VIN #4925
Dec 26, 2012
Orange County CA
I didn't know much about "paint correction". Buddy of mine just got his MS two weeks ago. I've had mine 11 months. He researched it and we went to DPTints.com in Tustin CA after talking to other owners and our Local Tesla Service Center in Costa Mesa. Keith there said that DPTint.com does great work so that was enough for me. The results are very good. I like the idea that I won't have to get the car waxed and the coating is supposed to lays for a few years. My car doesn't have any swirls in the paint any longer and it looks better than new. Deep shine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 484
After attending a paint correction demonstration from Ken Luna of DP Tint in Turin, Calif with Linda, Dennis and other members of the Orange County Tesla Club, I decided to Ken put that "Lunaz Shine" on my black Pearl and the results were nothing short of Amazing! Even though my car had a few paint issues, (compliments of my new car prep before delivery,) Ken and his staff put in the extra time and effort to ensure "My Baby" had a deepest darkest shine possible on a black car. He also installed 55% Madico tint to finish it off.

Here's a link for DP Tints Lunaz Shine so you can see for yourself

Thanks Ken

After attending a paint correction demonstration from Ken Luna of DP Tint in Turin, Calif with Linda, Dennis and other members of the Orange County Tesla Club, I decided to Ken put that "Lunaz Shine" on my black Pearl and the results were nothing short of Amazing! Even though my car had a few paint issues, (compliments of my new car prep before delivery,) Ken and his staff put in the extra time and effort to ensure "My Baby" had a deepest darkest shine possible on a black car. He also installed 55% Madico tint to finish it off.

Here's a link for DP Tints Lunaz Shine so you can see for yourself

Thanks Ken

What did it cost?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to those things. What is 'paint correction'?

I have lots of damage on my front from driving more than 100k miles in my MS. I wish I would have wrapped it when I got it. It's lots of little dents from small rocks and particles. Would they be able to smooth that out?

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to those things. What is 'paint correction'?

I have lots of damage on my front from driving more than 100k miles in my MS. I wish I would have wrapped it when I got it. It's lots of little dents from small rocks and particles. Would they be able to smooth that out?
You should take it by and Let Ken see it. Here's the contact info and a link to their direct site.
DP TINT & DETAIL
ADDRESS: 15011 Parkway Loop Unit G, Tustin CA 92780

PHONE NUMBER: (714) 259-0702

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Reactions: David99