TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S parking at the Fort Lauderdale Cruise ship port parking lot -- experiences?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HankLloydRight, Oct 8, 2014.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

In the near future, I'm planning on a cruise out of Terminal 2 at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), and I'm thinking of driving there and parking at the port lot. see: Fort Lauderdale Port - Official Port Everglades Site - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My travel agent has said "I've heard mixed reviews about parking at the port. You might do better to park at a decent place at the airport and take a cab."

Has anyone parked their MS (or any other nice car) there for a week? Any problems? Should I park at the airport?

Any charging available (not required, but would be nice).

thanks.

2. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

I am about 5 miles from the port PM me if you want to leave you car at my place and cab it to the port

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Wow, great. Thanks for the offer!

Will PM you when the time is closer if I decide to drive.

4. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Of course I am assuming you have a P85+ that I can take to the Friday Night Drags :wink:

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

We parked our ICE in the premium parking of the port. There's usually someone in the booth and limited entrance / exit, I don't think I'd worry.

I saw someone else park their MS the same day we left in the regular garage, too.