TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S part of tonight's Land of 10000 stories

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by raptorweb, Apr 21, 2013.

1. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

Those of us in the Twin Cities or other KARE 11 viewing areas, it looks like tonight's Land of 10000 stories segment will have something to do with a Model S. Normally it is about 1/2 way through the 10pm news.

I will post a link to the story when I see it on kare11.com or post a copy from my recording.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

3. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

Thanks just got around to looking that up. KARE 11 had some footage of your car, from today's event, on the 6 news but I accidently deleted it before making a copy so maybe that will show up on the site soon also it was in a segment about the energy bill.

Yeah, it would be great to get him as part of our local group.

4. johnster007

johnster007 Member

Ha, funny. This is John. I've been lurking on the site for some time now and I didn't post until my ears were ringing. :) Thanks for the props. I'm hoping to attend the MN electric vehicle meeting some time soon. Maybe see you guys there!

5. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

Welcome to the forum and great story.

There is a small group of us from the forum that attend the meetings, so if you go to one of them I'm sure you will meet at least a few of us. I will be attending the next one for sure on May 16th.

6. Vexar

Vexar Member

Hey now, we aren't that small! Sorry I had to leave the Capitol early on Monday, but crossing the metro is never fun in sleet, let alone rush hour when you have to get back to work. Did the media ever show up? Did anyone bother to count how many of each EV showed up?

7. raptorweb

raptorweb Member

There were a few people with media badges on but it may have been before you got there. From what I could tell they were all unlabeled as to what station they were from but KARE 11 did have a small segment on it.

From Jukka/MN PEV Owners facebook page:

6 Tesla Model S
    6 Nissan Leaf
    4 Chevrolet Volt
    2 Toyota Prius Plug-in
    1 Mitsubishi i
    1 Ford Fusion Plug-in

8. Vexar

Vexar Member

Thanks for the numbers. It is not reflective of our "auto demographics" but it does, conversely, show that Tesla owners are much more the enthusiast/early adopter types to have so many drivers/vehicles show up.

9. constraint

constraint Member

This was a very good video John. I know your brother was showing this video all over the office the next day.