Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Performance vs. RENNtech E63

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some people on youtube who don't like EVs and very often they said that in this drag races against the E63 or the Viper or what else, the Tesla make a too early start and the performance of the ICE is depending on how fast can the driver shift the gears, if there are a manual gear box.

My opinion is, who is intresting in shifting gears ? Teslas have only one thats real, ICE are old technology ;-)
But these guys don't want to realize that.

There are some people on youtube who don't like EVs and very often they said that in this drag races against the E63 or the Viper or what else, the Tesla make a too early start and the performance of the ICE is depending on how fast can the driver shift the gears, if there are a manual gear box.

My opinion is, who is intresting in shifting gears ? Teslas have only one thats real, ICE are old technology ;-)
But these guys don't want to realize that.
What they're missing is that it will always seem like the Tesla has an "early start" until/unless a headstart is offered to the last century "launch control" generation.

What they're missing is that it will always seem like the Tesla has an "early start" until/unless a headstart is offered to the last century "launch control" generation.

You are right, let us assume no headstart for the Tesla.
The other fact could be that if somebody sees the Tesla in direct comparison to a normal ICE sports car, most people would think directly that the tesla has an headstart because in direct comparison all sports cars look so slow in the start regions. The answer is only that the tesla is so much fast at the start that no sports car with ICE can bet it.

But an other aspect can be that somebody who is not so aware of the power of the Tesla can make alot of damage if the pedal get pushed too deep in a wrong situation.

lol, this happen more often thay you think
just look at all the youtube videos of grandma
plowing thru the shop window, screaming the breaks don't work

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to start the "what happened in my impromptu run in" thread. Mine was a newer Hemi Charger, lowered, noisy and gauges down the windshield pillar. I pulled him a bit leaving a light so he just had to jump in front of me at the next light. The light goes green and here comes all the racket from that Hemi. I lifted a bit to keep from hitting his rear then proceeded to drive around him! I stopped at 55 mph (limit was 50) and shook my finger (1st not center) at him as he finally caught up and blew by. It is these interactions that are important.

And PLEASE do not even get me started on RennTech..................................

I know a lot of examples of these accidents.
It happend often to older people with cars that have automatic transmission, here in Europe automatic transmission is not so common as in the USA. But espacialy older people buy cars with automatic transmission.

The gernals answer for these accidents are: I was confused with breakes and throttle pedal.

My answer is: These people should never get the dirving license back. People that not able to defer between brake and throttle pedal are not able to drive a car at all.