TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mnx, Dec 14, 2012.

1. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Since someone was asking for a sticky for every colour of Model S, I decided a photo gallery makes a whole lot more sense.

Home | Tesla Model S

I've done a few colours so far but could use help compiling the rest of the colours.

If anyone has some good photos of Model S in blue, white, silver, brown or 2013 red it would be much appreciated.

I can share a login with you via PM if you'd like to upload some photos of those colours. If you're not that keen but have a link to an existing photo gallery of a specific colour that you'd like added post the link in this thread and I'll do my best to add it in.

Thanks to Evan and Robert for a good selection of green and black Model S photos!

Mods, consider making this sticky?

2. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Been hard at work... Still need more Silver and Brown photos.

Has anyone taken delivery recently and taken some good shots of their silver or brown car?

3. dave

dave Member

What I'm mostly looking for are the differences between pearl white and white to justify the $1500 price tag...

4. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I haven't seen the pearl white, but I did see the "production" white in person at the Toronto store opening and it looked fantastic.
    IMHO it's not worth the extra $1500 but I'm not a huge fan of pearl/metallic finishes.

I think you'll have a very hard time telling the difference between the two whites in pictures. (Especially since the white is frequently overexposed).

5. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I had a hard time telling in the store based on the samples, which is why I didn't get the pearl white as it just didn't differ that much from white. It could tell with the samples out in the sunlight, but it wasn't that dramatic a difference.

6. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

#6 ToddRLockwood, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Have you seen the pearl white in person? It gives the car a lot more dimension. The car's curves are much more evident. If you go into a Tesla store and look at the large paint samples on the wall, you will notice that the concave surface of the pearl sample has much more dimension to it than the white one does. The shape reads better.

This difference is harder to see in photos of the Model S or on Tesla's web site. You have to see it in person.

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The Motor Trend photos of the multi-coat red that were posted on their COTY site are fantastic. I have them all and someone else has posted them on this site. Incredible photos they are.

8. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

mnx - Great galleries, these will be very helpful for those of us trying to pick a color. Appreciate your work!

9. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I'll try and get those added in soon.

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I can get them to you if that would make it easier. PM me if I can help.

11. kinddog

kinddog Banned

this is great. thank you so much MNX!!!!!

12. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Thx MNX, this is very helpful!

13. medved

medved Member

would have been nice to see these two there

14. Vger

Vger Active Member

Here is my shot of the Sunset (Production) Red car I test drove at GET AMPED Fremont, if you want it:

It shows off how HOT the colour is in bright sunlight!

Sunset Red.jpg

15. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The sunset has been replaced with multi-coat red, so this color is no longer operable.

16. fullclev

fullclev Member

Thanks so much for the post. Was looking for a great place to compare the colors in different light and finally found it!

17. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Looked at every pic in the slideshow, max F11 size. I am astonished at how well the MS shaping and design shows off in all the colours available to date. There is real genius behind this.

18. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Now you need to get at least a dozen shots of each colour in each interior -- so that would be 12 x 11 x 5 x 6 = 3960 pix. Approximately, give or take an order of magnitude or two. :eek::biggrin:

19. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

Looked everywhere for these, couldn't find them. Thanks!

20. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

Great idea!

One correction: in the "Pearl White" section, there are several photos of a white car with the white roof (both from Tesla's "true colors" photos and from some of the Get Amped events). That car is the regular, non-pearl white.