Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Pictures of Silver Paint Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the wife and kids to the Oak Brook store today - first time for them (as an aside my 4 year old didn't want to get out of the back seat :smile:). Anyway they have the white car in the store right now, and my wife's first comments after we left the store - "I like the white, but the silver would probably be better" - (she has a minor in design).

Took the wife and kids to the Oak Brook store today - first time for them (as an aside my 4 year old didn't want to get out of the back seat :smile:). Anyway they have the white car in the store right now, and my wife's first comments after we left the store - "I like the white, but the silver would probably be better" - (she has a minor in design).

Go with the silver! ! !

Here's a few shots I took:

Tesla at Sak's Sarasota 008.JPG

At Sak's in Sarasota.

Tesla at Sak's Sarasota 010.JPG

I took this photo of the paint armor.

Larry

Thanks so much for creating this Silver color thread. I prefer Silver b/c it is a better color for the Texas heat. White would be nice too, but I've already had two white vehicles. Time for a beautiful, sleek, refined and elegant change. :)

Has any seen a picture of, or configured for their own, a silver Model S with tan interior? I wonder how that would look, compared to silver/black or silver/grey, which I have seen in person and in photographs.

Late reply to the thread, but mine is silver with tan. It looks a lot better than it sounds. I was nervous up until the second it arrived. I love it and so does everyone else who rides in it. Defiantly a different look.

Would agree with you that Grey looks sportier.
I really wanted to like the Silver (it is my DS's favorite color, it's easy to clean, and when the D could only be ordered with a Black Interior, it was my favorite inner/outer combo.
Apologies to the Silver devotees, but the Model S in Silver is the least exciting color.
Of course the Silver will hide dirt absolutely the best, and if that is a major consideration then it's Hi-Ho Silver away!

Yes, silver body color definitely hides dirt well. I'm just not as certain about the wheels. The silver wheels definitely shows every spec of dirt. I'm wondering I'd grey wheels would be any better.

I would agree that Tesla's silver could be improved if they made it either more metallic or more silver-grey.

I don't see the new silver being a very popular color. Other +100k autos have similar colors and I don't see many people choosing them around here on merc/audis/etc. I wish they had improved the previous silver, by giving it more depth and saturation.