Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Arcade Storage Space?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model S Plaid. From the beginning, I could never install any games on it in the arcade. I don't much about that but it's just a matter of principle since it was a new car. There would be a button for each game that said "X MB of disk space required" but nothing would happen when clicking it.

With a recent OS update, I can now click the button and it shows a summary of Hardware Storage saying "0 Bytes of 1.6GB available" and Arcade 0 Bytes, Media 1.6 GB.

The car came with a small Tesla USB flash drive. I remember reading the Model S Plaid's were supposed to come with a dedicated hard drive built-in for the arcade but I can't find any information on this.

Can anyone confirm their experience with their new Model S or S Plaids? Were you able to install games out of the gate? If so, how big a drive did it come with?

Tesla is fixing a few issues with the car and for this one they noted there wasn't any storage available and to try deleting sentry mode videos. I tried this before, and it never worked. Tried the full reformat option even. I plan to go back to them to ask if there's supposed to be a separate hard drive built-in for the Arcade but wanted to check here first so I know what I'm asking for.

Ok, the external USB memory is for the dashcam and/or local music you install. Games are currently installed in internal memory located inside the MCU. It is not expandable. The first ~8 months of Plaid production used an internal 8 GB memory and later started shipping with 16 GB. This is used for games and other data. You need the 16 GB to work with Stream. Tesla is planning to allow games to be installed in external USB memory, but I don't think that feature is yet released.

Checking Controls -> Software -> Hardware information, my 2022 S shows "Infotainment RAM 0 GB". That's a change as it used to say something different and 8 GB. Not quite sure what to make of that. Mine does not show the amount of storage available, so you may have a newer version (I have 2022.40.30.5).

Got it. Thanks for the reply. So that 8gb is definitely missing from mine or defective as this has been broken since the beginning. It's weird that I can't find any official information about this or it listed in any specs anywhere.

I wonder if that's just a replaceable internal flash drive or SD card or similar. Guess we'll find out.

Thank again for the info. I'll post back once I find out what the issue ended up being in mine.

They are still checking into this. My car also says "Infotainment RAM 8 GB" in "Controls -> Software -> Hardware information" in the Hardware Information, but nothing can be installed. The arcade just says storage is needed to download and that there's 0 bytes for Arcade so I can't install anything.

I believe there is supposed to be 128gb or 256gb of onboard storage as I've seen this mentioned by others.

Wondering if anyone has any photos or screenshots they can share of anything related to arcade storage space in their Plaid S. I can't find any info online and this topic seems a bit fuzzy at Tesla internally as well.

Attachments

• arcade.jpg
    arcade.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 144