Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Brakes Are Terrible!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may tell you to pony up for a new set of aftermarket brake rotors & pads, lol. šŸ˜œ One of the best decisions I've made thus far with my MS Plaid. :cool:
Iā€™m kinda hoping they put in the new brake booster part that @Duke846 says was replaced for Nov cars onwards. And after that Iā€™ll put the UP front and rear rotor and pad set :)

Then my car will brake just awesome! I wonā€™t even need to use the pedal šŸ˜

Iā€™m kinda hoping they put in the new brake booster part that @Duke846 says was replaced for Nov cars onwards. And after that Iā€™ll put the UP front and rear rotor and pad set :)

Then my car will brake just awesome! I wonā€™t even need to use the pedal šŸ˜
Let me know how that turns out. Remember itā€™s public info, you can login to tesla and look the new part up.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
Iā€™m kinda hoping they put in the new brake booster part

Where are the numbers located to tell which one you have? None of the numbers show up on the top of the unit. If you go to the parts sign in it only lists the new number. How can you tell they switched a part in Nov 2021? Would the parts catalogue not show the switch?

@sflgator did post that he is really happy with the new setup...I'm sure he will resurface for you guys if you can't find it yourself.
Iā€™m also pretty happy with the new setup, though mine is with XT979 (not XR910) pads.

I havenā€™t taken my Plaid to the track yet (need to replace the yoke with a round wheel first), so Iā€™ll report how it does on the track later.

For now, the brake feel is a LOT better and gives more confidence under heavy braking. I havenā€™t measured exact stopping distances before/after the brake upgrade, but it definitely feels like itā€™s slowing down at a greater rate based on regular hill roads I take to go mountain biking and rock climbing.

Iā€™m kinda hoping they put in the new brake booster part

Where are the numbers located to tell which one you have? None of the numbers show up on the top of the unit. If you go to the parts sign in it only lists the new number. How can you tell they switched a part in Nov 2021? Would the parts catalogue not show the switch?
The parts cat doesnā€™t show the switch.
tesla SC can look your car up by vin and tell you.

Guys thought I would post I finally found a real easy solution to the oem PLAID brake issues......I installed the CNS Racing PLAID performance pads front/back and braking power doubled and no more overheating smelly brakes....highly recommended.....low dust too

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Guys thought I would post I finally found a real easy solution to the oem PLAID brake issues......I installed the CNS Racing PLAID performance pads front/back and braking power doubled and no more overheating smelly brakes....highly recommended.....low dust too

These are pads made by Racing Brake. The pictures on Racing Brakes website are exactly the same.

Except you can buy them direct for $423.

What is your history with CNS?

Reactions: Mash