Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s plaid deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Plaid version on order since the beginning of February. I just spoke to the delivery department and they informed me that the delivery of my car is delayed and I should expect delivery in April or May. They are making sure there are no quality issues. I told them take as long as they need because I'd rather take possession of the car after any quality issues have been worked out. I'm a current owner of a 2013 Model S with 173,000 miles. Love the brand, love the car, love the company! Super excited to get my new car.

Reactions: JADCa and SilverGS
I just ordered the plaid. They are saying 10-14 weeks. Talked to a representative and was told end of May- early June

Congrats and now the wait.

Follow this thread on deliveries... Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Also, feel free to post recipes, fashion, and political tips in that thread but begin with @elguapo to make sure it is filed correctly by the moderator

I just ordered the plaid. They are saying 10-14 weeks. Talked to a representative and was told end of May- early June
You'll be lucky if you get yours at the end of 14 weeks. Everyone's said that. Estimates the SAs are giving are just based on what the website says. We'll have a better estimate once an actual production VIN gets assigned

Oh and welcome to the wait 🙂

You'll be lucky if you get yours at the end of 14 weeks. Everyone's said that. Estimates the SAs are giving are just based on what the website says. We'll have a better estimate once an actual production VIN gets assigned

Oh and welcome to the wait 🙂
When did you order yours? What month VIN’s are being assigned right now? Do we know

When did you order yours? What month VIN’s are being assigned right now? Do we know
Most ordered immediately after the refresh was announced in late January. Some ordered before the announcement in anticipation and others as far back as last October, November and December.
Currently, no VIN’s have been assigned and there is no evidence the production line is even up and running at this time.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tigers
Most ordered immediately after the refresh was announced in late January. Some ordered before the announcement in anticipation and others as far back as last October, November and December.
Currently, no VIN’s have been assigned and there is no evidence the production line is even up and running at this time.
Damn wow... hope I get mine this year. I sold my car. Good I have a spare car to drive in the meanwhile lol

I ordered my Model S last Nov. before the new Model S Plaid was retooled. I was supposed to take delivery by Dec. 31st as the latest date. Well, of course that never happened and I still haven’t been given a delivery date and I must be one of the first in line to get the new retooled S. The worst part of this whole experience is the lack of communications with Tesla regarding the delays neither through the dealership or from Elon. Absolutely no communication from the parent company and no one complains About it. Very poor customer service if you ask me. It’s really inexcusable in my opinion.

Reactions: MiamiEvKing
Ordered my Plaid in March. Told 10-14 weeks for Delivery. Received a call yesterday that I’ll need to wait until Aug. -Sept. unless I change my Carbon Fiber interior to Wood. WTF. Test driving Porsche Taycan next week.

Ordered my Plaid in March. Told 10-14 weeks for Delivery. Received a call yesterday that I’ll need to wait until Aug. -Sept. unless I change my Carbon Fiber interior to Wood. WTF. Test driving Porsche Taycan next week.
I got the same call from Fremont after inquiring. I ordered my Plaid 2/1/21 and was initially told March, then June, then July, then June again. Yesterday I modified my order from carbon fiber to wood this way I can get my car this coming up week instead of late July early August. Let’s see if that’s gonna happen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This board really doesn't understand parts shortages... I've driven both. You won't regret the decision from a driving perspective, but you will from a overall experience perspective.