Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s plaid deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still worrying about it, I am finding the yoke steering to be much less difficult than I had anticipated. It is an easier change to make than habitualizing the new turn signal and horn buttons.

Pros
- Ventilated seats syncs to the AC
- 4 x wireless phone charging
- Front seats are a huge improvement over the originals
- OMG the torque, wheeee!
- Dyson fan style AC works great
- Did I mention the torque?!!

Cons
- Much less space in the frunk than the RWD
- Slightly smaller glovebox and no physical button
- Turn stalk requires building new muscle memory
- Same with the horn button

For those that have been concerned, I am finding the yoke steering to be pretty easy to adjust to. Here are some quick observations:

Pros
- Ventilated front seats synced to the AC
- 4 x wireless phone charging spots
- The torque, Plaid mode pull is fiercesome
- Front seats much more comfortable than original Performance seats
- Did I mention the OMG torque, wheee!

Cons
- Less frunk space than the RWD
- Slightly smaller glove box and no physical button
- No turn stalk means new muscle memory to build
- Horn on a button same as above

Ordered:Jan 30th
Received: July 30th
Carbon Fiber/21in

Originally ordered Plaid Plus.
Went to a supercharger the other day. Felt like a celebrity walking into a club. Truth is that the Plaid was the celebrity and I was just part of the entourage. Everyone was looking, pointing, smiling and giving me the thumbs up.

I encourage whoever gets the plaid to tint their windows before going to a supercharger. Unless you like people just smiling and giving you a thumb up.

• Funny
Reactions: onshi
I've had a VIN for a couple weeks now and the the delivery is scheduled for the week starting the day after tomorrow, but everyday the schedule moves out by one day.

It's like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown. How long after you get a VIN do deliveries normally actually take place?

I’m over two months with a VIN assigned to my Plaid order. First SA told me it was on hold due to replacing a torque something or other on a lug nut that somehow fell through the cracks and was never scheduled. Another SA told me they have to replace a damaged interior panel and a damaged “skull cap”, which is a side mirror cover. Supposed to be ready tomorrow (Sep 20), but I’m doubtful. A long wait with a VIN assigned = damaged vehicle awaiting repair.