Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid downgraded from 10.4 to 10.2 without warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S Plaid was running 10.4 FSD (2021.36.?) I can't remember the exact number. Yesterday the 2021.40.6 update came to my car but took away my FSD beta and set me to 10.2. I never received any warnings and never had Auto pilot disengage for failures. I now have the Safety Score back in my app as well. Anyone know the cause or have experience with this? I was really enjoying 10.4 in my city as it was actually working decently.

I don't believe this to be the case. My car has never turned off autopilot for any failures making me wait until the trip was over. I assume this is AP jail. I also do not recall any times the car made me force my attention on the road. It, as always, asked me to nudge the wheel every so often to confirm I am paying attention but nothing out of the ordinary.

I don't believe this to be the case. My car has never turned off autopilot for any failures making me wait until the trip was over. I assume this is AP jail. I also do not recall any times the car made me force my attention on the road. It, as always, asked me to nudge the wheel every so often to confirm I am paying attention but nothing out of the ordinary.
Definitely not AP jail then. But if the car made a sound to nudge you, that's one of 3 strikes. Was that the case?

For reference (from Twitter, not mine):
And a correction: 3 miles, 5 kilometers. My bad from last post. Was from memory.
FCMz3nXUUAAO7SI

Thanks for that information. I don't recall any sound. Just the gray/white visual queue to apply pressure one direction or the other on the wheel. I also never received any email like the one above.
If the visual queue is a trigger then that seems strange as my car sometimes asked me to nudge the wheel even while my hands are on it and I am looking at the road.