Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Drag racing bump box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch control for the Model S plaid sucks for drag racing. You cant properly get your second stage bulbs and fulling get into launch mode before the lights go. I was wondering if anyone knows how to rig up something to the brake lines that let me bump into the second beams without losing launch control- Yes I am familiar with the Tesla Plaid racing channel and his method doesn’t work and I don’t believe he is still doing it- its a good way to loose a race. Lately Ive been asking drivers if I can double bulb them. Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Please be polite and respectful- if you’re a smart ass please don’t respond, you’re the reason forums are dying off and you’re the type of coward that talks crap on the internet but will never do the same in person.

There's not any options unless someone like ingenext had a module to add in. And I'm not sure what systems that would have to manipulate/if they think it would be safe to sell.

You're doing the best available option now, just let the tree guy know before you stage. Most of the tracks gave the same person doing that all the time, so they remember.

Why not just pre stage first bulb, get fully in to cheetah stance, then very slightly release the brake just enough to let it creep forward a bit to stage. Seems to work fine for me. Give it a try.

Sam thank you for your reply- I do talk to the people running the tree but they’ve been saying that once the second set of bulbs(all staging bulbs) are lit the tree automatically starts counting down ( I believe 7 seconds) consequently I never complete the launch sequence. I don’t know if they just don’t know how to do it (lots of new people and young people working the track at any given time) or they really can’t control it. Ive tried everything and the only option is to negotiate double bulging with the other driver.
It would be great to start a petition for an updated drag mode with bump capabilitie, delay box, and more Horsepower- I know that they is more HP and TRQ that Tesla can unlock in the car- If figure for liability reasons they could unlock it based on GPS location-a well known track for instance. What track do you race at?

Why not just pre stage first bulb, get fully in to cheetah stance, then very slightly release the brake just enough to let it creep forward a bit to stage. Seems to work fine for me. Give it a try.
Ive tried it numorous times in practice and dozens of times at the track (to my embarrassment) and for my car it takes just a little tiny bit of trying the brake release method and you are instantly out of launch mode

Launch control for the Model S plaid sucks for drag racing. You cant properly get your second stage bulbs and fulling get into launch mode before the lights go. I was wondering if anyone knows how to rig up something to the brake lines that let me bump into the second beams without losing launch control- Yes I am familiar with the Tesla Plaid racing channel and his method doesn’t work and I don’t believe he is still doing it- its a good way to loose a race. Lately Ive been asking drivers if I can double bulb them. Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Please be polite and respectful- if you’re a smart ass please don’t respond, you’re the reason forums are dying off and you’re the type of coward that talks crap on the internet but will never do the same in person.
I’m trying to understand why you care unless you’re doing bracket racing. Your rt isn’t super important unless your bracket racing and NEED to be the first one across the line. Otherwise why not just let the other car do their thing and focus on getting your best launch

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I had this idea a few months back and sent it in for a feature request. Didn't hear anything so as a last resort, I did this... Not much of a social media person, but click on stuff that makes it popular lol. Maybe it will get noticed, who knows.

That is a good way to mitigate the problem. I thought of ways to address it and couldn't come up with any good ideas.