Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid - Drag Strip Thermals

T Bone

Sep 13, 2021
California
Hello Folks,

I have been curious what happens with Drag Strip Mode from a technical perspective. I took some thermal pics of my Plaid. I finished charging the previous night and left the car plugged in. Then I unplugged and turn on Drag Strip mode and took before and after thermal pics of the front engine bay heat exchangers.

The FLIR camera that I used indicates 3 temperatures, red dot - hot, blue dot - blue, hollow dot - temperature at spot. The color scaling is a bit off so it is much more accurate to look at the exact temperature.

I want to get to the heat exchanger right beside the front drive unit but I don' t know who is holding the front plastic tub in (I know there are 2 X 10 mm bolts) but I don't know how else it is fastened in......

Attachments

• 11 Minutes to Drag Strip.JPEG
    11 Minutes to Drag Strip.JPEG
    340.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210916T084702.jpg
    20210916T084702.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • Drag Strip Ready.JPEG
    Drag Strip Ready.JPEG
    336.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Front Drag Strip Ready.jpg
    Front Drag Strip Ready.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Front.JPEG
    Front.JPEG
    518.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7559.JPEG
    IMG_7559.JPEG
    429 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7561.JPEG
    IMG_7561.JPEG
    350.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Morning - Plugged In Front.JPEG
    Morning - Plugged In Front.JPEG
    428.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Morning - Plugged In Rear.jpg
    Morning - Plugged In Rear.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Morning - Plugged in.jpg
    Morning - Plugged in.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC