Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Emergency Brake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked in the Owners Manual and it doesn't look like the Plaid has an Emergency Brake like our older cars where you press the park button on the shifter stalk and hold it in for as long as you wish the emergency brakes to be applied to the rotors. I thought this was mandatory, but maybe things have changed and newer cars don't need it. Or maybe one has to open the "gear" shifter on the main screen and then press the P button. :)

On the older Model S, the parking brake is applied when you put it in park. There was a manual way to engage it by press+hold the shifter stalk park button.

I'm guessing if you tap+hold after the park gesture on the screen, then maybe it will do the same, or tap+hold on the park button on the center console it may do the same.

I looked in the Owners Manual and it doesn't look like the Plaid has an Emergency Brake like our older cars where you press the park button on the shifter stalk and hold it in for as long as you wish the emergency brakes to be applied to the rotors. I thought this was mandatory, but maybe things have changed and newer cars don't need it. Or maybe one has to open the "gear" shifter on the main screen and then press the P button. :)

Attachments

• DB65E933-5A21-40AF-9BE5-6E4A75134A38.gif
    DB65E933-5A21-40AF-9BE5-6E4A75134A38.gif
    433.2 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: Dannietjoh
Did anyone check if keep pressing brake pedal would pump the brakes automatically in case of boiled fluid? Or that feature also gone now?

Edit: checked, it's still there - press and hold and let it pump brakes by itself

Last edited: