Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if a stupid question, but what fluid are you talking about? The differential?

So far my 2022 LR (with the original 19" tires) has zero start vibrations or at speed. It seems like tires or rims would be a major suspect for speed vibrations (with either balance or the inside tire foam loose).
Drive unit (which lubricates both the motor and the gears within said unit).

LR doesn’t have the cold start vibration in question. 2022+ Plaids do

Reactions: vcor
Hablando de eso, finalmente encontré una MSDS para este material. No muestra mucho, pero revela que la viscosidad a 40 ° C es 29,7 cst, y sabemos por los documentos de la EPA que la viscosidad a 100 ° C es 6,4 cst. EDF2 (que se utilizó entre 2022 y 2023) tiene una viscosidad de 27 cst a 40 ° C y 5,9 a 100 ° C. Y desde 2021 hasta principios de 2022 se utilizó Mobil1 Dexron VI (viscosidad de 29,4 a 40 ° C, 5,83 a 100 ° C). Nos permite generar las siguientes curvas de viscosidad.

View attachment 1030083

No estoy seguro de que la diferencia en la viscosidad en frío (que será más pronunciada cuanto más frío haga) sea suficiente para causar vibraciones, pero de todos modos hay algo en que pensar. A medida que se desciende por debajo de 0 °C, la curva teórica no se aplica necesariamente, por lo que KAF1 tiene una viscosidad mucho menor a -40 °C a pesar de ser un poco más espesa que EDF2.

Lo que sería revelador es si a algún automóvil de 2021 se le reemplazaran los motores delanteros a mediados de 2022 o más tarde y aún no tuviera vibraciones.
CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU FOUND IT? I AM LOOKING FOR THE MSDS FOR MY TESLA MODEL S P85D 2015, COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET IT? THANK YOU

ANY (sorry) mfg of potentially harmful chemicals for retail sale in the USA must have a PDS or MSDS with the product packaging, although most often it is a link to the document on line.

So, if you know the mfg and product name, you should be able to find it.

I think I might finally have my issues addressed from delivery over 18 months ago. Reverse center console light was recently identify and swapped (took three, first was still wrong, second was damaged and third one fixed it). And it seems they have a new "procedure" to fix the rear seat rattle. I am not holding my breath, but immediate drive testing after seems resolved. But giving it a few weeks.

Reactions: Bull
I think I might finally have my issues addressed from delivery over 18 months ago. Reverse center console light was recently identify and swapped (took three, first was still wrong, second was damaged and third one fixed it). And it seems they have a new "procedure" to fix the rear seat rattle. I am not holding my breath, but immediate drive testing after seems resolved. But giving it a few weeks.
What's the "procedure" for the rear seat rattle?

We have it, mostly with any torsional loads on the body (such as turning or entering/exiting a driveway, etc.) and it IS exasperating. Why can't Tesla get this fixed once and for all?!?

What's the "procedure" for the rear seat rattle?

We have it, mostly with any torsional loads on the body (such as turning or entering/exiting a driveway, etc.) and it IS exasperating. Why can't Tesla get this fixed once and for all?!?
You are experiencing the exact same issue I was, mainly when turning under acceleration and exiting my driveway. Have yet to notice it today, but will continue to drive and test. Looks like you find my post in the rear seat rattle thread. Let me know if you need any more details, that was an exact copy from the invoice.