Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in another thread a few days back but is anyone having issues with the screen not shutting off and door locking upon leaving the car (I use phone key)? It usually works most of the time. But on several occasions I find myself having to open and close the door in order for the screen to shut off when I'm leaving my car. Am I missing something? Seat sensor issue?

Also I know a while back someone mentioned not being able to control the rear AC from the front. I finally figured out how to at least turn it on and off from the front if anyone is wondering. Not sure if this has been addressed or not yet. Will elaborate if it hasn't.

How do you control it from the front? Haven't figured that out yet.

Would also love to know how to control Netflix from the front while driving. My kids watch but I'd like to be able to override their input. Probably not happening, but maybe there's a way?

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
How do you control it from the front? Haven't figured that out yet.

Would also love to know how to control Netflix from the front while driving. My kids watch but I'd like to be able to override their input. Probably not happening, but maybe there's a way?
On the AC screen, hit the button on the lower left hand side (picture 1) and then it’ll show the “rear fan” button on the next screen (pic 2). All you can do is turn it on and off. I assume it’ll be more intricate in future SW updates (I.e controlling direction and “low to high” setting etc.) But looks like on and off is all you can really do for now.

Attachments

• 484D7DA5-1E1E-429A-87DF-ECAB82A5237D.jpeg
    484D7DA5-1E1E-429A-87DF-ECAB82A5237D.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 120
  • C8E8A6E4-15A1-486C-83FD-6AF9944D6E64.jpeg
    C8E8A6E4-15A1-486C-83FD-6AF9944D6E64.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 97
I posted this in another thread a few days back but is anyone having issues with the screen not shutting off and door locking upon leaving the car (I use phone key)? It usually works most of the time. But on several occasions I find myself having to open and close the door in order for the screen to shut off when I'm leaving my car. Am I missing something? Seat sensor issue?

Also I know a while back someone mentioned not being able to control the rear AC from the front. I finally figured out how to at least turn it on and off from the front if anyone is wondering. Not sure if this has been addressed or not yet. Will elaborate if it hasn't.
ive been having this issue too i have a service appointment on the 3rd next month for it its very annoying

Reactions: VM0412
I have the same errors on the dash. I don't like driving the car at this point. My appointment is tomorrow. I'll keep you posted if I have anything new to share.
I had my car fixed at the service center today. They would not tell me why all the sudden my alignment went screwy, but they said anything over 10% to 15% out of alignment will throw all the alerts I was getting.

The alignment job they did is excellent! It's better now than when I drove it off the lot. I'm guessing something was loose or did not get tightened down at the factory. The hard accelerations are not as squirrely now. I did have to reset the camera calibration afterwards FYI.

They are still in the process of ordering me a new yoke. The fabric is coming off the corner of the one I currently have.

At least I can drive my new car again!

I posted in the software thread, but this one is more appropriate. We have now had the rear screen stay on every time I have taken the kids out of the car and twice when my wife went for an evening joy ride. I have tied the issue to plugging in the charger.

When my wife went for a drive last night and parked in the garage, everything turned off as it should. I plugged the charger in 10 minutes later and the rear screen kicked on.

The good news is I have a workaround that has been successful every time. Unplug the charger, get in the car, buckle up, put the car in gear, put it in park, unbuckle, get out, close the door, plug the charger in, lock the car via the app.

A couple of the steps mat not be necessary, ie. put it in park then unbuckle instead of just unbuckle or lock the car manually instead of letting it lock automatically, but this is what I have had success with and consistency is key to any successful sequence.

Quick update--mobile service came out and replaced my glass quarter panel, which should solve the wind noise issue. Apparently the glass had come loose from the bracket it was connected to (see pic), which allowed it to flex at speed, break the seal with the frame and create noise. Took the car for a short spin yesterday and that seemed to fix the issue--going on a longer freeway trip today to confirm.

1627146551473.png

I just received my LR and a number of issues on delivery: passenger door not aligned and not closing properly, turn signal error, scratch on paint and driver seat makes a noise every time you put weight against the back. Pretty long list for a new car. Additionally it must have sat outside for a while. There is a film on the windshield I have not been able to get off even after multiple cleanings.