Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Issues I had on delivery:

- GPS module not showing correct car location (didn't realize until I drove off and then couldn't use nav/fsd)
- Left rear tail light fog/moisture
- Panel gaps (hatch and PS rear door)

All noted and correct by Tesla via a service appointment.

One other bug I noticed is I'm unable to load the service manual in the car, I'm sure that will be fixed soon with a software update

+ 1 on jiggly drivers mirror.... to recap common little stuff.

• Dash grill dent(wondering if they do more damage trying to replace)
  • Yoke worm
  • Jiggly mirror
  • couple poor seams on rear seats.
Still finding little things.

Yeah guessing most of our cars have these same issues (mine has all the above). Since I also need a new windshield (frickin’ ripple distortion in an area right in my driver’s line of sight), maybe it will be easy to replace that grille then…

Speaking of distortion, has anyone else noticed that the side windows and the rear-view window distort around the edges? For the rear view, you can see the road lines distorting all around near the bottom. I wonder if it’s something to do with the double paned glass? Or if it’s just some new Tesla glass that just exhibits this. Either way, quite surprising…

Reactions: Wolfsbane
Can someone post a photo of the lower rearmost corner of their front doors? I saw a LR at cars and coffee and the door skin metal wasn't fully folded over on the corners...
Here are some pics of 2021 Model S LR front doors - lower rearmost corner inside and out...Don't believe I'm seeing this issue with skin metal not being folded over.
2021 MSLR - Passenger Side Front Door - Exterior.jpeg
2021 MSLR - Driver Side Front Door - Exterior.jpeg
2021 MSLR - Passenger Side Front Door - Interior.jpeg
2021 MSLR - Driver Side Front Door - Interior.jpeg

I had double signal issue. My first issue was trying to program by depressing button on garage door opener to program. It recognized it but would never work
I then did the program with someone standing in front of car with remote. It did the double signal. I kept deleting it and reprogram. After 4 or 5 times it started working. Range is an issue. The range on my S is same as the car my wife drives.

I had double signal issue. My first issue was trying to program by depressing button on garage door opener to program. It recognized it but would never work
I then did the program with someone standing in front of car with remote. It did the double signal. I kept deleting it and reprogram. After 4 or 5 times it started working. Range is an issue. The range on my S is same as the car my wife drives.

Yeah that hasn't worked for me. I still get double signals about 50% of the time, even when consistently sitting in front of the garage door. No rhyme or reason to it. It's just broken. Never had one moment's trouble with the Model 3 in this regard. :(

Yeah that hasn't worked for me. I still get double signals about 50% of the time, even when consistently sitting in front of the garage door. No rhyme or reason to it. It's just broken. Never had one moment's trouble with the Model 3 in this regard. :(
Have you thrown a service appointment in there with the timestamp of the logs? Mobile service could pull those to see it and then let you know if engineering knows of the issue or it looks like hardware related.

Have you thrown a service appointment in there with the timestamp of the logs? Mobile service could pull those to see it and then let you know if engineering knows of the issue or it looks like hardware related.

I haven't. I already have a service appointment to replace the blasted windshield, so I can't create a new one. I supposed I can add to the messages in the appointment. I wonder how much damage Tesla will do replacing the windshield. :(

And another issue for the list: My rear passenger door-handle LED doesn't light up the ground as well as the other three door handles. Not a huge deal, and I'm certainly not interested in tearing apart the door to fix it.

Oh, and the front passenger door needs a bit more of a slam to close it compared to the other 3 doors. Interestingly, this is the THIRD Plaid in a row I've played with that has the same issue. Again, not worth messing with, to be honest (my buddy had mobile come out to fix it and they couldn't).

1. Use of owners manual car would freeze and require a reboot.
2. At 1,400 miles rear door, panel and rockers had lot of damage from stones. Had PPF installed and let it sit for 3 weeks after driving for two weeks it was so bad. PPF installer did amazing paint correction.
3. Two small scratches at delivery. My PPF installer said I would not be happy with repainting so he did what he could and I’m happy with it.
4. When I picked up car my installer had me look at a few of the edges of panels and doors. This was using one of his paint correction lights. He pointed out that the primer was peaking through on nearly every edge. 20 years painting cars never seen it that bad but it does happen.
5. Last update all theatre content went away. Called and he said known issue use voice control. Netflix came up but could not pick anything. Account was logged in as family names appeared. Can’t log out/in as nothing on screen works.
6. Dashcam footage. I tried a large drive, format was good and working fine. After most recent update the following occurs. Only issue when pick footage the preview is grayed out and when pick a video it says can’t play this video. But when I slide the button back to start it plays fine. It seems to be the last 3 or 4 minutes of video is not working/corrupted or video player has issues. Going to try Tesla USB as starting using new drive just after update. If anyone has a drive that works can you respond?
7. Rear spoiler fell off after PPF. Thank goodness it was when I was closing trunk, I caught it and no damage. PPF installer said May have to remove some PPF under spoiler to get it to stick. If anyone has any experience with this please respond.
8. My panel gaps are good. Seals good. Interior is good.
9. Dog mode doesn’t work. On the other hand I don’t have a dog.
10. Overall. Ordering/Delivery was terrible. Post delivery other than paint, which is by no means that upsetting at this point happy. Do a little plaid mode and all is forgiven.
Question. Battery loses 6 to 8% while at work. Normal?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
And another issue for the list: My rear passenger door-handle LED doesn't light up the ground as well as the other three door handles. Not a huge deal, and I'm certainly not interested in tearing apart the door to fix it.

Oh, and the front passenger door needs a bit more of a slam to close it compared to the other 3 doors. Interestingly, this is the THIRD Plaid in a row I've played with that has the same issue. Again, not worth messing with, to be honest (my buddy had mobile come out to fix it and they couldn't).
I have the same issue with front passenger door on mine. Looks like an alignment issue. Service appt tomorrow.

Reactions: cwanja
6. Dashcam footage. I tried a large drive, format was good and working fine. After most recent update the following occurs. Only issue when pick footage the preview is grayed out and when pick a video it says can’t play this video. But when I slide the button back to start it plays fine. It seems to be the last 3 or 4 minutes of video is not working/corrupted or video player has issues. Going to try Tesla USB as starting using new drive just after update. If anyone has a drive that works can you respond?
7. Rear spoiler fell off after PPF. Thank goodness it was when I was closing trunk, I caught it and no damage. PPF installer said May have to remove some PPF under spoiler to get it to stick. If anyone has any experience with this please respond.
8. My panel gaps are good. Seals good. Interior is good.
Please please don't tell me the ****ing spoiler is glued on a 150k car.