Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service recommended I "reset" and start over -- as it was stuck at the same number for the whole time. So here we go at 0 now! ugh.
I took it in, and service got it to calibrate (they probably drove it around, LOL, but not far as odometer didn't show a long drive). But it still hasn't updated software and it is now saying it needs to update maps too, to activate stop lights/stop signs features. My Model 3 has no trouble with updates with our wifi, so don't know why over a week later, I am still at 11.102

Reactions: impastu
I have been using navigate on autopilot for a while now. All of a sudden I can’t activate it in menu. Everything is grayed out. Says it needs updated maps but no update available.
My friend had this exact issue 3 days after taking delivery. He had to take it (physically) into the service center and they performed a software reinstall that fixed the issue.

Okay, finally, after 25 days at service center car is back...

I have noticed the weird passenger front door weather stripe position. Can anyone take a pic of yours?

This is how mine looks like:

I had a similar issue with one of my rear doors and service ordered and replaced it at no charge.
I also had a similar use issue on the front passenger window, the rubber seal was getting pinched by the window. They just removed and reinstalled the seal (without replacing with a new one), and it is about 90% fixed (not getting pinched anymore, but just still a small bump there that is no longer visible from outside). Attached is the photo before they fixed it.

Attachments

• 16BFD2B1-D203-459B-AB4A-B25791CEF9CB.jpeg
    16BFD2B1-D203-459B-AB4A-B25791CEF9CB.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 112
Like almost everyone, waited months for delivery....had car for 3 days and now it is in service center for software issue. Firmware updated to 2021.24.5 bricked the navigation and communication. Error UI_a010, plus no voice commands, etc. Mobile App doesn't "see" car so had to bring in to service center. Anyone else have similar issue?
Yes I had same problem make sure befor you drive away that navigation says its updated I tried at home and had to keep resetting then after a few days the service reminder went away

They sell a tire inflator/sealant kit in the Tesla store. I think it is currently does out, but the same kit is available in other places (w/o the Tesla branding). It is useful to get you our of a pinch. A few years ago, a caught a nail in a tire and was able to use the inflator to add enough air back into the tire to be able to (slowly) drive to a repair place.
my car came with the tire repair kit

• Informative
Reactions: Krash and impastu
Like almost everyone, waited months for delivery....had car for 3 days and now it is in service center for software issue. Firmware updated to 2021.24.5 bricked the navigation and communication. Error UI_a010, plus no voice commands, etc. Mobile App doesn't "see" car so had to bring in to service center. Anyone else have similar issue?
I had the similar issue and waited 2 weeks for an appointment, SC took 3 days and I got back with a factory reset and 32.5 version.

Need to say that I always charge the car to 90% and it's overcharging too. Firmware glitch?
My previous X was charging over the limit too.

Here is data at 93%
Yes your max and min brick voltage is as good as it gets.
That’s the metric that matters.
On my pack for example the disparity is as bad as 340mV and the best I’ve seen was 70mV.
I understand more than 10mV is out of spec.
That’s why @WilliamG and myself are collecting data.

I have been using navigate on autopilot for a while now. All of a sudden I can’t activate it in menu. Everything is grayed out. Says it needs updated maps but no update available.
I have same message since I pu my car, but cannot do anything about it because SW stuck on 2021.11.102 and maps stuck on 2020.48. Message i have is navigate on autopilot needs maps update. Like a time warp.

Question: I saw a render of the interior, and it doesn’t look like the seatbelt anchor is adjustable. Is this the case? The model 3’s seatbelt was cutting into my neck until I adjusted it, and I really don’t want to deal with that on this car if it isn’t adjustable.