Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?! My 3 was not adjustable and my Plaid is not adjustable. My MY has not yet arrived, but thought it was based on the 3 - 75% the same parts and all…
The current 3 is also adjustable. I don’t know when they made a change.
The best advice is to raise the seat. There are clips you can thread through the belt at the lap which offsets the shoulder belt, but I’m wary of them.

Height isn’t a problem for me, but I predict this will be an issue with passengers.

edit:

On the refresh, with the B pillar further back as the seats got pushed more forward, it’s possible this is less of an issue.

Really?! My 3 was not adjustable and my Plaid is not adjustable. My MY has not yet arrived, but thought it was based on the 3 - 75% the same parts and all…
3 was definitely adjustable.

1631417407322.jpeg

My 6/19 3 was not adjustable. Wifey always complained, that’s how I know.

That’s very odd. I’ve never see a 3 without adjustable seat belts. Mine was a 4/19. Are you absolutely sure? My friend has. 6/19 3 so I can ask him, too. Pretty darn sure Tesla has never produced a 3 without adjustable seat belts, but quite willing to be proved wrong here.

That’s very odd. I’ve never see a 3 without adjustable seat belts. Mine was a 4/19.
Maybe it just wasn’t adjustable enough, as she always complained it was cutting her in the neck. I never touched mine so never really looked. The Plaid was bothering me so I looked and it’s not adjustable. Go figure, the $164,000 car’s seat belts do not adjust, but the economy model of the brand does. Wonderful. Guess we will see what the MY has.

Reactions: impastu
Maybe it just wasn’t adjustable enough, as she always complained it was cutting her in the neck. I never touched mine so never really looked. The Plaid was bothering me so I looked and it’s not adjustable. Go figure, the $164,000 car’s seat belts do not adjust, but the economy model of the brand does. Wonderful. Guess we will see what the MY has.
The Y has adjustable. Yeah, it may well not have been enough for the wifey on the 3, but it has them. On the S it hasn’t bothered me. Being not adjustable means one less thing to rattle. The rattling adjustable 3 seat belts were a common complaint on the car. Lots of YouTube tutorials on fixing it…

Regarding ambient light I've been talking about a few pages ago.
Here is the connector I was talking about:
View attachment 707836

And here
light tubes behind interior decor that don't light up:

View attachment 707840View attachment 707842

I've asked SC why it doesn't have a “light engine” and they told me “your car is equipped with “base light package” this is why it doesn't have “light engine”. This is what dyno mode says:
View attachment 707844
Either Tesla plans to sell it as an option or just feature was cut out at last minute.
So who’s gonna attempt a tweet at Elon asking about this being a possible feature in the future? 😂

• Funny
Question: I saw a render of the interior, and it doesn’t look like the seatbelt anchor is adjustable. Is this the case? The model 3’s seatbelt was cutting into my neck until I adjusted it, and I really don’t want to deal with that on this car if it isn’t adjustable.
My pre-refresh X is not adjustable. I'm 6'3" and it doesn't bother me. Comfortable.

Reactions: cwanja
I have been using navigate on autopilot for a while now. All of a sudden I can’t activate it in menu. Everything is grayed out. Says it needs updated maps but no update available.
just noticed this same issue on my car. I have FSD... it says connect to wifi to download updated maps, but when I do there is no option to actually use the wifi to update the maps. Still on an older FW version 2021.24.4

Same here that FW has maps 2020.48 which is quite old.
Mine are also 2020.48 maps. I'm on 2021.32.5 and had to recalibrate my cameras due to removing them for PPF. Now I cannot use nav on autopilot or traffic light control until I get new maps. No way to download them that I can see. This has been almost 3 days with nav unusable.

On 32.5 but still seem same map issue with NoA
Mine as well lost NoA etc on 32.5 also. Car is always connected to WiFi in our garage.
No option for maps update.
Today I was shocked when it didn’t slow down for a upcoming yellow/red light.
Didn’t realize maps were needed for that!
NBD as I always pay attention, but I’m missing that one cause I saw it as a huge improvement from my 2015 MS and our 2016 MX

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Mine as well lost NoA etc on 32.5 also. Car is always connected to WiFi in our garage.
No option for maps update.
Today I was shocked when it didn’t slow down for a upcoming yellow/red light.
Didn’t realize maps were needed for that!
NBD as I always pay attention, but I’m missing that one cause I saw it as a huge improvement from my 2015 MS and our 2016 MX
I also had quite a surprise when I was about to run a red light. I put in a service request for this asking them to push maps. Everything worked fine until I recalibrated my cameras. Will be calling tomorrow too.