Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know him very well. And they didn’t want to joy ride… he was delivering it on my request. I’m glad I didn’t flat bed it… don’t want to know issues after I get the car that it doesn’t drive. I have no problem with him doing the drive… bcos I couldn’t. Plus they are required to drive on “chill mode” ONLY to deliver.
I thought they were told to, “drive it like they stole it…”. Or, “drive it like a rental”! 🤣

Looked through the thread and couldn’t find this:
So today was my PLAID delivery day. They were delivering my car about 200 miles to me from SC. my SA left this afternoon and at about 30 miles or so I would say got BMS error code displayed. He pulled over the car and did reset and called the service department. In the meanwhile, the error msg went away on reset but he was told to come back to SC so they can do a thorough diagnostics before delivering the car to me. On his way back, the code never appeared again and drove fine. Now I’m waiting on service to tell me what they find.
what do you guys think could be the issue??
Could it be the message below? If so, a new pack will be in order. You will be the 5th one on the forums if so.
@dennis, @WilliamG @BobbyRitz and myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 58
all he said was it showed BMS error code while driving and disappeared after reset. it wasnt while charging so i dont think it was similar message. doesnt mean i cant have the same or different serious problem. I Will hopefully know what issue is once they do diagnostics. I was wondering if anyone had a error code like that in their new car?

Could it be the message below? If so, a new pack will be in order. You will be the 5th one on the forums if so.
I never got an error message from the BMS. My symptoms were that the battery capacity was reduced and it would charge past the charge limit I set.

My replacement pack is expected to arrive at the SC by Thursday.

i would update what the SC says. The car has 15 miles on it. i haven't even taken delivery. if its a battery pack issue i would want them to replace it before i take delivery.
my concern is if they say its just SW issue and not battery pack, how would i know the issue whatever it is- is fixed for good? how to check?

Reactions: impastu
i would update what the SC says. The car has 15 miles on it. i haven't even taken delivery. if its a battery pack issue i would want them to replace it before i take delivery.
my concern is if they say its just SW issue and not battery pack, how would i know the issue whatever it is- is fixed for good? how to check?
So they "reset" my BMS and what that did was it showed everything was normal until I discharged the battery, the all my range went away.
The reset followed a series of events starting with SoC climbing up after charging stops, then after a couple drives I realized the pack was acting like it was a 70kWh pack.
After the reset I ran it down to a low SoC to stress it out and after that drive I got the error on screen.

My point is, after exhausting the pack is when the problems really happen.

So they "reset" my BMS and what that did was it showed everything was normal until I discharged the battery, the all my range went away.
The reset followed a series of events starting with SoC climbing up after charging stops, then after a couple drives I realized the pack was acting like it was a 70kWh pack.
After the reset I ran it down to a low SoC to stress it out and after that drive I got the error on screen.

so are you certain that the error they got on my car is because of faulty battery pack?

so are you certain that the error they got on my car is because of faulty battery pack?
Definetly not! But if it is, you will notice that you cant drive the car very far on a full charge even driving like a grandma.
I would insist they tell you what the BMS error was prior to taking delivery. If it is same as mine, don't take the car without them at least ordering a new pack for you.

lol i wish i could say i fully understand what ur saying. this is my first EV. i know SoC means state of charge. and if i understand correctly u mean that u were charging say till 80% but it was creeping up to 100% after even the charge stopped? after that i lost you sorry lol

Definetly not! But if it is, you will notice that you cant drive the car very far on a full charge even driving like a grandma.
I would insist they tell you what the BMS error was prior to taking delivery. If it is same as mine, don't take the car without them at least ordering a new pack for you.
got it. i will confirm what the error is exactly. so if its BMS_a064.. then i would demand a new battery pack?

lol i wish i could say i fully understand what ur saying. this is my first EV. i know SoC means state of charge. and if i understand correctly u mean that u were charging say till 80% but it was creeping up to 100% after even the charge stopped? after that i lost you sorry lol
Yes exactly. That was my 1st odd symptom. After that, I went on a 120 Mile drive and it used 50% of the battery while driving in a very efficient manner. (253wh/mi) That just means I was getting good milage, yet the battery declined 50%. That told me something was wrong because the battery should be able to drive much over 240mi on a full charge.

it is a catastrophic error i would think if the battery pack is bad.

im scared that what if its not exactly the same error code as yours and they dont accept any issue with battery pack. then what would i do? i am gonna get all details of the error and exact code and why it happened at the first place and post it here as soon as i know. Appreciate your input.

Looked through the thread and couldn’t find this:
So today was my PLAID delivery day. They were delivering my car about 200 miles to me from SC. my SA left this afternoon and at about 30 miles or so I would say got BMS error code displayed. He pulled over the car and did reset and called the service department. In the meanwhile, the error msg went away on reset but he was told to come back to SC so they can do a thorough diagnostics before delivering the car to me. On his way back, the code never appeared again and drove fine. Now I’m waiting on service to tell me what they find.
what do you guys think could be the issue??
We’ll done on Tesla Service and your SA.
They’ve got your back.