Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@impastu Was trying to stay positive. See earlier post from earlier today. More quality issues are popping up, and the whole beta FSD Plaid/LR/yoke cars exclusion for wave 1-?, which Tesla currently remains silent on… Same BS for the yoke improvements release that rolled out two weeks ago to non FSD yokes.

“The bloom is off the rose 🥀 ,” so to speak.
Yes you do seem to have road rage about the OS releases. I think a bit more patience is in order for the beta release as the software guys figure out how to align all the feature updates. This thing is at risk of going really pear-shaped if they don’t manage all the permutations of configs, function updates and the beta roll-out.

She’s not a dream to cruise in?

Reactions: bhzmark and cwanja
Yes you do seem to have road rage about the OS releases. I think a bit more patience is in order for the beta release as the software guys figure out how to align all the feature updates. This thing is at risk of going really pear-shaped if they don’t manage all the permutations of configs, function updates and the beta roll-out.

She’s not a dream to cruise in?
@impastu Really, it's not just the beta FSD release, as I was expecting that to be like the "Smart Summon" Beta release was a couple of year's back - fun to play with for a day or so, then shelved until it's ready. What I'm most disappointed with (besides the growing quality issues) is not receiving the much needed yoke improvement update, sometime in the past two weeks - since it was released (2021.36). To add insult to injury those of us with yokes, and FSD, were not eligible (for 2021.36) - because we received the "Beta request Button" firmware instead (2021.32.22).... only to learn, after two weeks of "playing the safety score game" (absent any communication from Tesla/EM ), that these FSD enable yoke cars not only haven't gotten the yoke improvements, but also haven't yet received the beta FSD software either (even those with 100 safety scores). Penalized on both ends (no yoke improvement update and no beta FSD software either). Left in a Tesla "purgatory," so to speak. Not really right (beta FSD release disappointment), when there have been repeated tweets that "everyone with a 100/100 score" will receive the first rollout... So, three strikes and I'm out for me;

1) Growing hardware quality issues list
2) No Yoke improvements updates
3) No beta FSD release, even with a long-running 100 score and having played by the rules - and numerous insulting tweets from EM that we would all get this release if we met the stated criteria (this is the third strike, in my book).

Life is too short to be constantly aggravated after spending $164,000 on this car.

Last edited:
@impastu Really, it's not just the beta FSD release, as I was expecting that to be like the "Smart Summon" Beta release was a couple of year's back - fun to play with for a day or so, then shelved until it's ready. What I'm most disappointed with (besides the growing quality issues) is not receiving the much needed yoke improvement update, sometime in the past two weeks - since it was released (2021.36). To add insult to injury those of us with yokes, and FSD, were not eligible (for 2021.36) - because we received the "Beta request Button" firmware instead (2021.32.22).... only to learn after two weeks of "playing the safety score game" to learn (absent any communication from Tesla/EM ), that these FSD enable yoke cars not only haven't gotten the yoke improvements, but also haven't yet received the beta FSD software either (even those with 100 safety scores). Penalized on both ends (no yoke improvement update and no beta FSD software either). Left in a Tesla "purgatory," so to speak. Not really right (beta FSD release disappointment), when there have been repeated tweets that "everyone with a 100/100 score" will receive the first rollout... So, three strikes and I'm out for me;

3) No beta FSD release, even with a long-running 100 score and having played by the rules - and numerous insulting tweets from EM that we would all get this release if we met the stated criteria (this is the third strike, in my book).

Life is too short to be constantly aggravated after spending $164,000 on this car.
You’ll get that yoke update. I wouldn’t say that’s a make or break deal for me, but it’s certainly much needed.

As for the vibration, I’m curious to experience it myself, so if you still have the car upon my return, let’s compare notes. At the very least if you need to demonstrate the issue to the service center you can for sure reference my own Plaid which (at least as far as I’m aware) does not have the issue.

Beyond that, I of course agree this car needed another 6 months to bake fully, but that’s how it is with new releases and Tesla.

Reactions: impastu
You’ll get that yoke update. I wouldn’t say that’s a make or break deal for me, but it’s certainly much needed.

As for the vibration, I’m curious to experience it myself, so if you still have the car upon my return, let’s compare notes. At the very least if you need to demonstrate the issue to the service center you can for sure reference my own Plaid which (at least as far as I’m aware) does not have the issue.

Beyond that, I of course agree this car needed another 6 months to bake fully, but that’s how it is with new releases and Tesla.
@WilliamG Re the vibration, my first course of action to to speak with the tech that shows up on Thursday to fix the door handle and gaskets. Hopefully, he/she can drive the car while they are here and while the car is cold. If they can/do, they can document and report the issue with headquarters/the repairing SC, rather than me. My follow-on course of action will occur after this action completes on Thursday.

Edit: Well that's new; no instant trade in estimate..... @WilliamG

trade in plaid.JPG

Last edited:
@impastu Really, it's not just the beta FSD release, as I was expecting that to be like the "Smart Summon" Beta release was a couple of year's back - fun to play with for a day or so, then shelved until it's ready. What I'm most disappointed with (besides the growing quality issues) is not receiving the much needed yoke improvement update, sometime in the past two weeks - since it was released (2021.36). To add insult to injury those of us with yokes, and FSD, were not eligible (for 2021.36) - because we received the "Beta request Button" firmware instead (2021.32.22).... only to learn, after two weeks of "playing the safety score game" (absent any communication from Tesla/EM ), that these FSD enable yoke cars not only haven't gotten the yoke improvements, but also haven't yet received the beta FSD software either (even those with 100 safety scores). Penalized on both ends (no yoke improvement update and no beta FSD software either). Left in a Tesla "purgatory," so to speak. Not really right (beta FSD release disappointment), when there have been repeated tweets that "everyone with a 100/100 score" will receive the first rollout... So, three strikes and I'm out for me;

And now the Tesla “hiding out in the open” play is in play, Tesla pulled my safety score as if I never received the button update and played the safety score BS game for the past two plus weeks. If you are in a similar position (a hosed and jilted refreshed MS owner), raise cane in all social media venues that you can. Only then might behaviors change.

And now the Tesla “hiding out in the open” play is in play, Tesla pulled my safety score as if I never received the button update and played the safety score BS game for the past two plus weeks. If you are in a similar position (a hosed and jilted refreshed MS owner), raise cane in all social media venues that you can. Only then might behaviors change.
They pulled your score? did you opt out of the beta? I opted out today b/c my wife doesn’t give a sugar and it’s her car and she drives like a bat out of hell when I’m not in the car apparently. Safety score disappeared immediately.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
They pulled your score? did you opt out of the beta? I opted out today b/c my wife doesn’t give a sugar and it’s her car and she drives like a bat out of hell when I’m not in the car apparently. Safety score disappeared immediately.
@impastu I noticed other refreshed owners were reported having had any evidence that they had participated in the safety score process erased in the app, so I checked my app and noticed the cancel culture removed all safety score evidence from my account. And NO, I did not withdraw from the program today. Complete BS.

• Informative
@impastu I noticed other refreshed owners were reported having had any evidence that they had participated in the safety score process erased in the app, so I checked my app and noticed the cancel culture removed all safety score evidence from my account. And NO, I did not withdraw from the program today. Complete BS.
@jebinc my glass is half full view of life says that this means engineering has heard your feedback and while not publicly acknowledgING discomfort with pushing FSD to yokes is pulling the beta program from yokes so that other functionality upgrades may be pushed to your cars. Fingers crossed for an OS update overnight.

Reactions: bhzmark and jebinc
@WilliamG and @jebinc I'm with you guys, I also have vibrations between 40-50mph.

I have read several other Reports of this, but none from the cars at the delivery event.

Maybe someone like @omarsultan can weigh in.

If you can get the problem fixed, might be worth it as far as resale.

If you can't, then perhaps Lemon Law is possible.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
@jebinc my glass is half full view of life says that this means engineering has heard your feedback and while not publicly acknowledgING discomfort with pushing FSD to yokes is pulling the beta program from yokes so that other functionality upgrades may be pushed to your cars. Fingers crossed for an OS update overnight.
@impastu I would be okay with that, as the yoke button improvements are sorely needed. Them remaining silent on the unwinding, however, while continuing to post all night and day that “all” with 100 scores will get it today, is an out right lie, for PR reasons, IMHO. BS.

They told me to wait after 1000 miles before I return it. It’s right about there now and it’s exactly the same difficulty as it was when I picked up. It’s starting to get really annoying to remember to tell people to pull crazy hard.

It’s the weather stripping hitting the glass and pushing it away, for me, before the latch can grab the door. If I lower the window, it shuts normally.
You’re totally right I just tried this. So they’re gonna have to replace that for sure. It’s so annoying

@impastu I would be okay with that, as the yoke button improvements are sorely needed. Them remaining silent on the unwinding, however, while continuing to post all night and day that “all” with 100 scores will get it today, is an out right lie, for PR reasons, IMHO. BS.

If one could lemon law just FSD, would you do it? The rest of the car is mostly ok?

If one could lemon law just FSD, would you do it? The rest of the car is mostly ok?
FSD has been more of a false advertising journey for me over the years. When I first purchased it, in June of 2019, the FSD order page included a list of items that would be delivered “by the end of the year”. I placed my order (and cash) on that basis. I even took a snapshot of that order screen when I ordered it. One of the items on that 2019 order page “by the end of the year” FSD features list was “city driving”. It’s now 2021, heading into 2022….

I know. My points were different - I didn’t put the car to 100% yet it charged to 100% but even at 100% it shows only 340 miles range which is more in line with 90%. I thought it may be a UI issue of what %/miles it shows but then again lack of regen breaking kind of tells me that it’s not just a UI issue but instead an actual error with charging to 100% and phantom drain of 10% on 2000 miles.
Did you figure this out I’m having the same problem I can’t get a full charge about 9% missing off posted range.