Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read several other Reports of this, but none from the cars at the delivery event.

Maybe someone like @omarsultan can weigh in.

If you can get the problem fixed, might be worth it as far as resale.

If you can't, then perhaps Lemon Law is possible.
I do not have the vibration issue--folks have asked me a couple of times and I have gone on drives to specifically check and the car stays smooth.

O

This is what I’m currently dealing with my new model S refresh. What a mess. 2 months into ownership.
87A628C3-C6F1-4AF5-BA02-84B60AE55555.jpeg

It says 100% but that’s 607km suppose to be 648km to start before adjusting for How you drive. Is that what yours was doing
Oh, sorry misunderstood the first time. Yes mine was doing that too but I can’t be sure that was wrong. As far as I know the car considers a plethora of factors when calculating the estimate. I think in my case the issue might have been that at the time the temp outside was consistently over 90F so whenever I go somewhere I would always leave the car with the AC running. So for instance I take my daughter to swim lessons and I do a 5miles drive with 1 hour stay while AC is running the entire time. From my perspective I did a 10 miles drive, but that’s wrong. From the car’s perspective I spent X amount of energy for this 10 miles drive (which accounts for the AC use for one hour while the car is parked), so the car deducts that 10 miles cost X energy. If I kept the AC off likely the range estimate would be different, thought I can’t be sure.
Now the weather is no longer so extreme so I don’t do that and I see 373 miles of range (21” wheels) as expected. But also it’s a new battery so who knows.

Reactions: impastu
Life is too short to be constantly aggravated

Then choose not to be — especially re the updates.

fwiw I’m still on the original software when delivered because I am still amusing myself with the dynomode screens and watching the data. I am missing the FSD scores and the yoke improvements and even better stereo, but it really isn’t causing me any suffering.

Last edited:
At 13k+ miles, I still have the following issues:
1) Driveline vibration at 35-45mph
2) Vibrating driver's side mirror
3) Park Assist (not autopark) works intermittently
4) Other BS issues that have not been delivered (ANC, gaming, etc.)

I have had other issues pop up and the SC has made it a priority and fixed it. Sometime, they will put me in without an appointment to fix something and do it while I wait.

One minor thing is that the clock no longer adjusts for time zone changes. It did when new in June but now it stays the same time no matter where I am. Anyone know the fix?

At 13k+ miles, I still have the following issues:
1) Driveline vibration at 35-45mph
2) Vibrating driver's side mirror
3) Park Assist (not autopark) works intermittently
4) Other BS issues that have not been delivered (ANC, gaming, etc.)

I have had other issues pop up and the SC has made it a priority and fixed it. Sometime, they will put me in without an appointment to fix something and do it while I wait.

One minor thing is that the clock no longer adjusts for time zone changes. It did when new in June but now it stays the same time no matter where I am. Anyone know the fix?
@Hayseed_MS Have you ever taken it in for the driveline vibration issue? If so, what were you told? "Within spec"?

Reactions: r3nd3r and impastu
Wrong time Zone seems like a common issue, oddly. Latest post there says it is a firmware issue.
We noticed a couple weeks back that the time zone didn't update automatically when heading east but tapping on the time fixed it for us. I don't recall having an issue when changing time zones again when we headed back west.

Interesting to see that others are having problems and the same solution doesn't work for them, but yes, probably related to what firmware they are on.

@Hayseed_MS Have you ever taken it in for the driveline vibration issue? If so, what were you told? "Within spec"?

They test drove with me and agree there is an issue. They reported it and stated there is no known fix at this time and , of course, are not told what at the mothership is being done about it.

So it is a known issue but no known fix.

They test drove with me and agree there is an issue. They reported it and stated there is no known fix at this time and , of course, are not told what at the mothership is being done about it.

So it is a known issue but no known fix.
@Hayseed_MS Thanks! I have a contact in management at a local SC, that I just reached out to. I will let you know if I get any more information than you have! Did you notice that your vibration is more pronounced with first taking the car out for the day, vs. when it's all warmed up? I "think" that might be the case for me, but even warn, you can still feel it some.