Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes!! Thanks, didn't realize it was just a "thing" with MPS4s + wet surface + big angle. Is it some sort of slippage or something that's causing that or what? It can be pretty harsh at times.
Yeah, I know, sometimes it feels like your wheels are going to fall off :D

Correct, basically MPS4s are just slipping on wet/cold surfaces with that angle...

It will be getting worse with colder temperatures. I remember this on my ex-e63 and it was annoying. But when I replaced tires with winter Pirellis this problem was not presented anymore. I bet when I'll put 19" for winter with All-season tires this problem will disappear.

When I have realized 1st time this "thing" is presented on refreshed Ss I was like: "Oh God, here we go again" :D

I was asking MB service for a solution to "fix" it and they all were telling me this is normal per front suspension's configuration. I bet asking Tesla about that doesn't worth it at all :D

Reactions: impastu
@Hayseed_MS Yeah, I know.... The refreshed LR/Plaid population is so small; there will never be enough noise to generation action on Tesla's/EM's part. Take, for example, the "model discrimination" and silent treatment, re our yoke cars getting blocked from receiving either the yoke improvement update (2021.36) and the beta FSD update (no matter if your score is 100, and has been for a long time). Tesla, publications and the Social Media influencers definitely, "Cater to the masses (3/Y)," for clicks and influence, and would never touch these stories. Tesla knows this and can effectively be very successful by just ignoring the concerns of it's smallest customer population. Historically, MS and MX customers concerns have been largely ignored, and ignored successfully at that. Will never purchase a "niche market" Tesla ever again.

Disturbing, but has the ring of truth.

Reactions: impastu
Disturbing, but has the ring of truth.

8C6E5804-45CC-4E8D-94AC-1EF4F0F754E0.jpeg

Reactions: Phlier

Does anyone have any idea what this noise can be? I’ve had my plaid for about a two weeks, this noise just starting happening today, it happens when I press the acceleration. I am aware that someone in my family did go over a dip (and from what I heard they were going pretty fast.) That happened on Sunday, but I haven’t heard anything till today. Could that be the possible cause?

The issue you are talking about isn't an issue at all. I assume it happens on a wet surface with fully turned wheels to either side, left or right. Correct?

I had this on my old 2018 e63S. MPS4s + big angle of turned wheels + wet surface makes that thing. If you will change tires you will see it's not going to happen. Also never happening in dry conditions.
i actually have this issue on dry surfaces. i live in LA so its extra dry lol.

every once in a while, when i turn, i feel that exact same thing... as if the tires are slipping or ran over something. it's definitely not a wet surface thing

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
At 13k+ miles, I still have the following issues:
1) Driveline vibration at 35-45mph
2) Vibrating driver's side mirror
3) Park Assist (not autopark) works intermittently
4) Other BS issues that have not been delivered (ANC, gaming, etc.)

I have had other issues pop up and the SC has made it a priority and fixed it. Sometime, they will put me in without an appointment to fix something and do it while I wait.

One minor thing is that the clock no longer adjusts for time zone changes. It did when new in June but now it stays the same time no matter where I am. Anyone know the fix?
I am having this same exact issue. at first I was thinking it could be the road im driving on... but after reading other people are experiencing the same I would say its a problem with the suspension. my car feels jittery at around 45-60 mph. sometimes i feel it more than other times.

if you have any update let us know! i'll be taking my car to get serviced for other things and will let them know about it... but afraid that its not going to happen when i show them lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
My bad. There was a filter box checked on TeslaFi that only showed S and X. Hard to see at my age on phone. Same as before. I couldn’t even see the box. So overall reporting over 200 no refresh.
Anyone else having an issue with teslafinwhere it won’t allow the car to go to sleep? I get about 30 texts saying it went to sleep when at home no can’t figure out the right settings combo.

Yeah, I know, sometimes it feels like your wheels are going to fall off :D

Correct, basically MPS4s are just slipping on wet/cold surfaces with that angle...

It will be getting worse with colder temperatures. I remember this on my ex-e63 and it was annoying. But when I replaced tires with winter Pirellis this problem was not presented anymore. I bet when I'll put 19" for winter with All-season tires this problem will disappear.

When I have realized 1st time this "thing" is presented on refreshed Ss I was like: "Oh God, here we go again" :D

I was asking MB service for a solution to "fix" it and they all were telling me this is normal per front suspension's configuration. I bet asking Tesla about that doesn't worth it at all :D
Yeah, this is a known thing--the rubber compound that is used in summer performance tires started to harden as it gets colder and tractions suffers, which is what you are noticing in the change of the slip angle. Once you hit mid 40s F, it starts to definitely become noticeable/problematic. Swapping to all season or winter tires will fix it.

Anyone else having an issue with teslafinwhere it won’t allow the car to go to sleep? I get about 30 texts saying it went to sleep when at home no can’t figure out the right settings combo.
I don’t get any texts on sleep. On TeslaFi so far today 1.76 kw phantom drain. 7.6 miles. Sleep 4 attempts 1 fail. This seems the same most days.
Are all those texts from failed sleep attempts?

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Had 2 updates so far, but SiriusXM not available yet even thought the Mulroney “sticker” clearly says “HD FM with SiriusXM.”
Still can’t trip reset, or get the clock to show the right time in my time zone, but I now have Disney+ for those who have an account and care about watching it in the car—I don’t.
Too often when unsuccessfully attempting to engage cruise control or autopilot, I get a warning that my “Front radar visibility restricted.”
The garage door pop up window blocks part of both rear cameras when backing out.
The yoke blocks about 4 square inches of the lower left part of the touch screen without leaning right, however the steering wheel in my older Model S blocks none of the screen.
The yoke I’m getting used to, but I don’t think I’ll ever like the horizontal touchscreen.
There’s more glare on the instrument panel and main screens than in my P85DL.
Minor vibration at 35-45 mph when mildly accelerating.
Lots of improvement needed on various screens, like better organization of buttons, use of colors to separate categories of buttons, etc.
Did find the trip reset. I had to scroll down to the bottom. There's no reason all the trip info and the reset buttons couldn't be on a single page, requiring no scrolling.
The angle of the instrument cluster screen, makes the difference. My P85DL has no glare.
Turns out I have a bad "front" radar. It's scheduled to be replaced next week.
I believe the instantiation of SiriusXM is not via a radio to the satellite as in my P85DL and Model X, but is via web access, which is an extra charge to SiriusXM and defeats the benefit when in an area with no or spotty data access.

• Disagree
Reactions: lbowroom