Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Owners in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Plaid a couple days ago. So far, I love it!

One thing I was curious about is the software version: I'm currently on 2021.31.102

It seems like this software version is a bit old. Has anyone else in Canada with a Plaid had any software updates yet? The car says I'm up to date, but I'm wondering if Tesla hasn't opened up the Canadian VINs to allow updates yet, perhaps?

Anyone else with a different software version? Or, have you heard anything at all about updates for Canadian VINs?

Reactions: SilverGS
I just picked up my Plaid a couple days ago. So far, I love it!

One thing I was curious about is the software version: I'm currently on 2021.31.102

It seems like this software version is a bit old. Has anyone else in Canada with a Plaid had any software updates yet? The car says I'm up to date, but I'm wondering if Tesla hasn't opened up the Canadian VINs to allow updates yet, perhaps?

Anyone else with a different software version? Or, have you heard anything at all about updates for Canadian VINs?
Congratulations!!! I'm green with envy! 😀👍

Reactions: SMK1
I’m in Arizona, took delivery of a plaid 10 days ago and on the same version. Seems this is a version they are delivered with, update will come soon.
Interesting. After looking at the update timeline, I figured the Plaid would at least be on the 2021.36 branch. I guess Tesla is taking it slow with the Plaid updates. I wonder what firmware the new LR is on now.

Congratulations!!! I'm green with envy! 😀👍
Thanks! This is my second Tesla (traded in a Model 3 Performance), and my wife has a Model Y Performance on the way. I love these cars. I'll never go back to a gas powered vehicle. And, in Canada, as much as I like the other brands, without the charging infrastructure, I can't really even consider anything other than Tesla.

Thanks! This is my second Tesla (traded in a Model 3 Performance), and my wife has a Model Y Performance on the way. I love these cars. I'll never go back to a gas powered vehicle. And, in Canada, as much as I like the other brands, without the charging infrastructure, I can't really even consider anything other than Tesla.
Awesome!! I got my S two years ago and cannot imagine ever buying an ICE car again.

Yeah, the charging infrastructure always narrows down the choice to just Tesla. It's going to be a very long time for the legacy car manufacturers to come even close.

Reactions: mrElbe and SMK1
Just had an update to 2021.36.5.1.

Maybe it took a few days to get the VIN registered with the fleet? Anyway, I’m hoping for a steady release of updates. I’m especially interested in the noise cancellation if it ever gets implemented.
Congrats yeah it takes a couple days to get you on the new Software bandwagon. Which Specification did you order and post some pics. Greetings from London Ontario.

Reactions: Bitjockey and SMK1
Congrats on your Plaid! I just ordered mine last week and I'm hoping to pick it up in Oakville in February (crazy excited for it!). It should be a nice upgrade from my 2017 Model S 75D. I got spoiled when I picked up my 75D - there was an issue with the paint at delivery so they loaned me a P100D for a week while it was in the shop, and by the time I got my 75D back, it felt so slow. Been pining for a performance model ever since. Ha ha, sneaky move Tesla. ;)

I hope you'll keep us posted on whether you get the Track Mode update that's started rolling out. Hopefully there won't be any delays in getting that feature in Canada.

Reactions: Aleks0404 and Tz00
Congrats on your Plaid! I just ordered mine last week and I'm hoping to pick it up in Oakville in February (crazy excited for it!). It should be a nice upgrade from my 2017 Model S 75D. I got spoiled when I picked up my 75D - there was an issue with the paint at delivery so they loaned me a P100D for a week while it was in the shop, and by the time I got my 75D back, it felt so slow. Been pining for a performance model ever since. Ha ha, sneaky move Tesla. ;)

I hope you'll keep us posted on whether you get the Track Mode update that's started rolling out. Hopefully there won't be any delays in getting that feature in Canada.
Congrats let me know if you want to join the Canadian WhatsApp group Plaid and LR owners.