Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Performance Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

omarsultan

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern California
OK folks, now that we are finally seeing Plaids hitting the streets and the race tracks, let's see those time and hear your observations and thoughts on how well your Plaid goes zoooooooooom.

I'll start--this is my best 0-60 time -- done on a backroad out in the stick, about 80% battery, full Cheetah launch, with a bit of an uphill slope :)

** EDIT** Actually not my best time--see a couple of posts down from here

IMG_33D754C80F9B-1.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea for a thread, Omarsultan
I'd love to hear comments here about handling as well?
Especially from anyone who's driven a Taycan- I drove one, it is MUCH nicer to throw around than the older Model S, but maybe Tesla have learned a thing or two, judging by a few comments about Plaid?
Better power, range , handling, finish- maybe Porsche's competition has driven Tesla to a new all-time high!?

This car is such a gamechanger in automotive technology. I would even call it a technological marvel, and I don't say that about many things. I honestly believe this will be the car that becomes the new benchmark for the entire world in terms of acceleration.

I think what we are about to learn is that not only are these fast straight line cars, but they are untouchable on the track. Now, that, is really going to be eye opening for people.

as such, I am starting to research lighter wheels and break packages on unplugged performance web site. I get that these items will mainly enhance track performance, but I have to wonder if shave 100 pounds of unsprung weight will also shave off another .1 in the quarter mile (or more?)? Or will that loss of weight just make traction problems worse in the street....hahahah. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Good idea for a thread, Omarsultan
I'd love to hear comments here about handling as well?
Especially from anyone who's driven a Taycan- I drove one, it is MUCH nicer to throw around than the older Model S, but maybe Tesla have learned a thing or two, judging by a few comments about Plaid?
Better power, range , handling, finish- maybe Porsche's competition has driven Tesla to a new all-time high!?
60-130 mph in 4.5 seconds!

amazing 1/4 time on an unprepped surface as well.

Thats just ridiculous he even let off prior 1/4 mile looks like.