Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Performance Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! How did it go?
Well, got kicked off, so, I guess, overall, we can call it a success 🤣. Track was a bit squishy, so 0-60 was slower than I have been getting, but cannot complain about the overall results. :)

IMG_1159.jpeg

I thought this car was supposed to get under 2 in the 0-60 band?
So, 1.99s is with a 1 foot rollout, which is the standard practice for measuring these things. The 2.28s, which is my fastest run translates to 2.1s with 1 foot rollout (look at the bottom of the run), which is 0.11 sec shy. I figure a nice stretch of better road would help close that gap.

Here is the Drag Times run that hits 1.99s:

So, 1.99s is with a 1 foot rollout, which is the standard practice for measuring these things. The 2.28s, which is my fastest run translates to 2.1s with 1 foot rollout (look at the bottom of the run), which is 0.11 sec shy. I figure a nice stretch of better road would help close that gap.

Here is the Drag Times run that hits 1.99s:

Ahhh, that makes sense! ;)

Hi All - new member here. I bought a Model 3 Performance in April and am strongly considering trading it in on a Model S Plaid. The deliveries for the Plaid are scheduled for August and they gave me an OK offer on the M3P trade.

Knowing the S is a bigger car, I went and test drove a 17 S P100D Ludicrous with 75,000 miles. The S felt softer than my M3P and the steering much less direct. Is this normal for the bigger, heavier, more luxurious S? Is it because the one I drove was middle-aged? Anyone with experience in the Plaid and 3P?

Thank you everyone!!

Hi All - new member here. I bought a Model 3 Performance in April and am strongly considering trading it in on a Model S Plaid. The deliveries for the Plaid are scheduled for August and they gave me an OK offer on the M3P trade.

Knowing the S is a bigger car, I went and test drove a 17 S P100D Ludicrous with 75,000 miles. The S felt softer than my M3P and the steering much less direct. Is this normal for the bigger, heavier, more luxurious S? Is it because the one I drove was middle-aged? Anyone with experience in the Plaid and 3P?

Thank you everyone!!
Welcome to thread! :)