Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Plus unavailable on Tesla website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved one on 4/26/21 and I don’t see it in my account anymore. WTH?
Seems similar to what some Tesla solar customers reported. Some prices went up by tens of thousands (even after signing binding contracts), some offerings disappeared.

Tesla just lost another consumer protection lawsuit in Norway (the one about throttling battery charge rate and top SOC), so perhaps Tesla legal warned that Elon cannot pull another "700hp P85D" type con on people. Chinese government already chastised Tesla on the way they treat customers. Maybe Tesla grew too big to get away with stuff they used to be able to when they only had few customers?

I will look in a few minutes again. Maybe there is a glitch on their site. I have the RN and paid the 1000.00 deposit. I see no refunds either. It’s all good. Time will tell.
TL;DR - I'm optimistic.

The Norway verdict is interesting and I'm wanting to know more about that...but I think this is different.

There is some major backend work going on with tesla.com right now. I imagine they've had to do some major rework due to the Plaid launch. If I had to guess, they don't want to let a secret spill out unexpectedly and are doing everything they can to conceal it. I could be totally wrong, but when I worked on XBOX and we started to release code to new boxes, we went to great lengths to ensure that none of those features somehow leaked on the website through a support article or alternate language page. Just a guess...

TL;DR - I'm optimistic.

The Norway verdict is interesting and I'm wanting to know more about that...but I think this is different.

There is some major backend work going on with tesla.com right now. I imagine they've had to do some major rework due to the Plaid launch. If I had to guess, they don't want to let a secret spill out unexpectedly and are doing everything they can to conceal it. I could be totally wrong, but when I worked on XBOX and we started to release code to new boxes, we went to great lengths to ensure that none of those features somehow leaked on the website through a support article or alternate language page. Just a guess...
I can go with this. I keep going on the site and the build shows up and next time it doesn’t.

Attachments

• E5EF30C6-7692-4189-98BE-DE45DFC8C0FD.png
    E5EF30C6-7692-4189-98BE-DE45DFC8C0FD.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DA4383CE-2650-4ADD-886D-C162C3C70C79.png
    DA4383CE-2650-4ADD-886D-C162C3C70C79.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 74
Although yesterday my Tesla account was slow and missing components, today my Plaid + is still on my account. I REALLY hope they don't drop it. and I hope MORE that they do not stand true to the price on the agreement.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 9.27.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 9.27.59 AM.png
    416.7 KB · Views: 62