Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid range discussion.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Having it towed to the dealership tomorrow. 😞View attachment 713759
This was exactly like mine. The most I could squeeze into it was 29% after disconnecting and reconnecting the wall connector.
I was able to drive mine to the service center since they are only 20 mins away.
Needless to say, you will get a new battery and you will soon be reunited with your car.
I dropped mine off yesterday and I was told it would take a week. I was supposed to get a call today confirming that, but of course, no call.

I've had a Model S since 2014 and this is my 3rd. I can assure you, it will get resolved, based on my past experience.

Well, I didn't envision being here for an extended stay 3 weeks into ownership.
CC8F714A-6300-4373-890C-52F77108D6D3.jpeg

This was exactly like mine. The most I could squeeze into it was 29% after disconnecting and reconnecting the wall connector.
I was able to drive mine to the service center since they are only 20 mins away.
Needless to say, you will get a new battery and you will soon be reunited with your car.
I dropped mine off yesterday and I was told it would take a week. I was supposed to get a call today confirming that, but of course, no call.

I've had a Model S since 2014 and this is my 3rd. I can assure you, it will get resolved, based on my past experience.
I had enough battery to drive to the SC as well. I will have a pointed conversation with the service manager on Monday.

Reactions: WilliamG
At 989 kwhr energy usage my Plaid on arachnids has gone roughly 2900 miles (so 290 miles of range to a full charge on average). Average energy of 341 whr/mile. The car is very efficient up to about 70 mph and then it starts to fall off fairly quickly. I usually travel at 80-85 on the highway, which occurs frequently.

At 989 kwhr energy usage my Plaid on arachnids has gone roughly 2900 miles (so 290 miles of range to a full charge on average). Average energy of 341 whr/mile. The car is very efficient up to about 70 mph and then it starts to fall off fairly quickly. I usually travel at 80-85 on the highway, which occurs frequently.
Do we have an efficiency curve of this kind, e.g. plotting wh/mi vs speed, given a normalized driving surface?

I think you can figure this out on existing cars, with the Power screens -- but since they're not yet available on the S refresh, that's a no-go.

My car was supposed to be ready yesterday by close of business and got pushed to Monday (SOP for Tesla, it seems). I spoke with the SC today and apparently there are three HV battery pack replacements at the SC. Hopefully this isn't a pervasive issue. :rolleyes:

My car was supposed to be ready yesterday by close of business and got pushed to Monday (SOP for Tesla, it seems). I spoke with the SC today and apparently there are three HV battery pack replacements at the SC. Hopefully this isn't a pervasive issue. :rolleyes:
That's pretty unsettling. For the longest time I thought the initial 3 of us were edge cases, then yours came along, and you mentioned that your SC has 3 others. My SC mentioned that they had one other than mine, although I do not know if that one is a refresh cars or not.
I HOPE this is not a pervasive issue, and I would imagine that it is not. On the forums I would imagine there's a few hundred Refresh owners at this point, and there's 4 of is with this issue. So say 1-2%, seems high, but not pervasive.

That's pretty unsettling. For the longest time I thought the initial 3 of us were edge cases, then yours came along, and you mentioned that your SC has 3 others. My SC mentioned that they had one other than mine, although I do not know if that one is a refresh cars or not.
I HOPE this is not a pervasive issue, and I would imagine that it is not. On the forums I would imagine there's a few hundred Refresh owners at this point, and there's 4 of is with this issue. So say 1-2%, seems high, but not pervasive.
I side with you in that this is more likely a bad batch. But facts are facts. We're all dealing with it. Have you gotten your car back?

I side with you in that this is more likely a bad batch. But facts are facts. We're all dealing with it. Have you gotten your car back?
No, pack is on back order.
Im told I should have it back the 12th.
I will have been without the car for a total of 3 weeks. I Took delivery Aug 27. So they've had it longer than me when I get it back.
My new pack was ordered on the 23rd.

Maybe a miracle will happen and now that EOQ rush is over they can spare a pack off the line for me sooner. (not holding my breath)

No, pack is on back order.
Im told I should have it back the 12th.
I will have been without the car for a total of 3 weeks. I Took delivery Aug 27. So they've had it longer than me when I get it back.
My new pack was ordered on the 23rd.

Maybe a miracle will happen and now that EOQ rush is over they can spare a pack off the line for me sooner. (not holding my breath)
Wow. My pack was ordered last Saturday and arrived at the SC on Tuesday. Tesla's lack of consistency on this is concerning. Makes me wonder where my pack came from to arrive so quickly and the backstory with respect to yours.

To add insult, Im only a 5 hour drive from the battery factory.
Ugh.

In other matters, does anyone know what an HV battery replacement entails by way of removing parts? I got PPF installed after delivery and wanted to be prepared to look closely at any body panels that were removed to perform the repair. My thought is it's completely under the car, but I thought I'd check.