Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid range discussion.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At about 14k (actually 11k on this HV battery) mine is reporting 342.2, down from 348. I charge to 80% daily. Car has only seen 99% once. Never seen below 20%. (with this pack)

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.15.38 PM.jpg

Reactions: aerodyne
Also, get a cable, Elm327, and SMT app and look at what the BMS is reporting as your nominal capacity. My X Plaid currently states 97.2 kWh. My rated range is 291 wh / mile and 100% is 334 which exactly adds up to the 97.2 kwh that SMT is reporting.
Is that 97.2 kWh the nominal full pack value? What size is the buffer according to SMT?

Insomuch as you are talking about a compromise, then you are probably correct. However, since I've retired several years ago and have no need for being anywhere in a BIG hurry, like I did when I was younger, I find that I prefer the big MPGe numbers, and therefore drive 65 and 70, which is the speed limit on most interstates and highways now. But the difference between 70 and 75 is probably about 105 MPGe vs 100 MPGe? So I really shouldn't give a sugar anyway?
Just stay in the right lane 😀