Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Tesla's "Best Car Ever" ? Elon's exaggerating...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y'all have to forgive me -- but this doesn't seem to be the first time that Elon has described one of his upcoming product releases as "the best ever."

The Model S Plaid may be (and hopefully will be) a fine car out of the chute - but Tesla's recent record of product releases suggests he may want to let others make that declaration, like, when the cars exist and owners can make those determinations themselves.

Y'all have to forgive me -- but this doesn't seem to be the first time that Elon has described one of his upcoming product releases as "the best ever."

The Model S Plaid may be (and hopefully will be) a fine car out of the chute - but Tesla's recent record of product releases suggests he may want to let others make that declaration, like, when the cars exist and owners can make those determinations themselves.

But it said it on the internet that it was "the best ever" so it must be true...

Reactions: TessP100D
I thought it's supposed to be Model S Plaid+, not the plain Plaid.
1616617623972.png

The Plaid+ is supposedly faster but they don't disclose by how much.

At the time of its launch, which is significantly before the Plaid+, it will be Tesla's best car ever. And then Elon gets to say the same thing all over again when they launch the Plaid+!
But what happens when they squeeze another .05 seconds out of the 0 to 60 run ?

Does that mean the Plaid + + will be on the way -- or will they sell it as a 5K acceleration boost ?

Either way - confusing and frustrating your buyers isn't a smart way to go.