Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid V11 Energy App missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the same thing on Ryan Shaw’s YouTube review. I hope it’s just something temporary. The trip energy use estimation is my main tool for planning charging stops. I’ve always found it to be just slightly conservative but immensely useful. Tesla: please bring it back!!
The end point of this same information is still shown in the navigation list and has now been updated to display all the time with your nav next waypoint information. It should also update as you drive like the trip energy graph does. I suppose you have to make a note of the original estimate as you can no longer compare.*

Yes, I like being able to see the squiggly line energy consumption estimate and the in progress comparisons, so I want it back too.

*I haven’t actually seen whether or when nav predicted arrival SoC updates while driving. I suppose you can always force the nav to recalculate if you thought you could be in a tight spot. The car must already do this because it is supposed to warn you if you are getting into trouble or reroute you to a closer supercharger.

Still learning my car so I take photos at each stop arriving and leaving - dash “instrument” display plus nav SoC on arrival predictions and trip info (table). This also shows me how much range is lost in miles at each stop, something the trip info does not include.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I noticed that as well. show energy graph used to work Now Command not available. This is important for long road trips as the navigation is not perfect.
I recently completed a 3200 mile road trip prior to 2022.20 firmware and the nav estimate was identical to what the energy app showed. I'm now half-way through an almost 5,000 mile road trip with the 2022.20 firmware and the nav estimate has been very accurate (+/- 2% points of SOC) for me.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Usually (with previous versions) the first leg is off a bit on predicted arrival SoC, then after that much more accurate.

Which makes sense to me because that lets the car:
a) learn your driving habits for the day, and
b) learn the weather conditions compared to the route.

I suppose now it’s supposed to calculate b more accurately up front, and is it remembering a from prior similar drives?

Very curious.

Note: the car seems to correct that initial arrival SoC estimate early during that first leg.

Last edited:
OK, we drove 400 miles today with 2022.20.7, and the nav predicted SoC seemed worse than before. We were consistently 3 to 4% below predicted SoC on arrival at each leg except for the first leg where we were well above.

So I’m not seeing this navigation prediction improvement.

Also this version seemed to have more trouble detecting speed limit signs, and often picked up the wrong sign, sometimes way out of the way.